Author Topic: Remote for Sat with Door closed  (Read 4256 times)

Bobby Kirk

• BAC Member
Remote for Sat with Door closed
« on: February 07, 2016, 02:35:48 PM »
I have a 2006 Beaver Marquis. The remote for Satelite and other components in the same cabinet quit working with the door closed. The little green light on outside of compartment does not come on. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Everything will work with door open and remote pointing at unit. Thanks much. Forum is great.

Bobby Kirk
2006 Marquis

Joel Weiss

Re: Remote for Sat with Door closed
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 02:52:23 PM »
I don't own the same coach, but it sounds as if the system has a "IR Blaster" which repeats the infrared signals from the remote control to devices inside the cabinet.  That blaster needs power in order to operate and if the green light isn't on it's probably not getting any power.  You need to trace the circuit and/or find the fuse to figure out why the light is off.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Remote for Sat with Door closed
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 01:55:42 AM »
Joel's right re. you've lost the connection from the external infrared eye button and its controller, or the controller's lost its power, Bobby.  I don't recall a green light on ours, except perhaps on the module itself inside the cabinet, so there may be a style difference from ours.

Check the connections/plugs at the controller module.  On ours, it's mounted on the left sidewall just inside the audio-video component cabinet over the curbside windshield;  the eye button is just outside the cabinet framing there.   Also see that the small IR wires all plug into your AV devices, or have any small external signal transfer pods still stuck in place on the devices' front.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat