Author Topic: Hurricane heater needs purged  (Read 2306 times)

Gary Wolfer

Hurricane heater needs purged
« on: February 16, 2016, 04:26:16 AM »
I have been in contact with Kevin Lambert at ITTR because I had a year old low volume water pump run constantly and burn up the brushes so bad one went inside and tore up the commutator. I bought a new pump and it would not shut off either so I called Kevin again and he told me to unplug the green wire on the far right inside of the control panel. It did stop the pump from running. I do not know where it goes and Kevin said he thought it had something to do with the engine pre heat. I do not know how to trace it down but after that happened the heater would start then kick off. Kevin told me I had to purge the water and antifreeze mix and sent me instructions. I did like the instructions said like putting a clamp on both top hoses and running another hose from the front stub to a bucket of antifreeze and the hose I took off to a high volume pump like a water pump so I bought a washdown pump for my boat and it would not pump thru the hurricane system with the electric hot water heater in line but lost more fluid. I was thinking maybe I could use a fuel bulb for a boat tank and pump the air out of it that way any ideas? My hurricane is inoperable now.