Author Topic: Water leak above the door from the Girard Awning!  (Read 16924 times)

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: Water leak above the door from the Girard Awning!
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2016, 11:21:45 AM »
Ed we are having some difficulty posting those pics due to size on the forum.

**UPDATE**   :-\  Unfortunately, Carol is unable to post pics from her tablet, where the pictures are stored. Something has changed, either with the tablet software or the forum itself, as she's never had a problem posting pics in the past.  So sorry!  She will keep trying!   :D
K
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 12:24:36 PM by Carol Moffett »
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Edward Buker

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2016, 02:00:08 PM »
Keith,

Send them attached to an email to ednjillb@hotmail.com and I should be able to resize them and post them for you.

Later Ed
The following users thanked this post: Carol Moffett

Greg Kamper

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2016, 11:55:51 PM »
I have the same leak on mine, although it's not consistent. Sometimes when it rains it stays dry on the inside, other times maybe when it is windy or we get a torrential downpour it is wet in the corner above the door. I'm glad to be part of a family where we all have the same problems and are able help each other out! It helps me to prepare for my next big expense!

Gerald Farris

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2016, 12:40:04 AM »
Greg,
Before you start pulling the awning, make sure that there are no cracks in the amber clearance lights above the windshield. I have seen a cracked clearance light lens that was causing a leak like you described. The clearance lights are bad about sun cracking and leaking. If they have any cracks, replace them. 

Gerald

Greg Kamper

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2016, 08:31:10 PM »
Thanks Gerald,

The lens above the passenger seat is cracked, and the silicone looks pretty weathered. I think I will go for the cheap and easy fix first...

RichardCrane

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2016, 03:40:34 PM »
Belinda, I just noticed your earlier post. We had severe leaking on our 2000 Marquis. We applied a strip of Eterna Bond the length of the top of the box. It has not leaked a drop since. we used to have a flood over the door. I hope this helps you.
Richard & Judie Crane
2000 Marquis Jaspar C12 425