Author Topic: Cat diagnostic for Silverleaf  (Read 14709 times)

darell ottoson

Re: Cat diagnostic for Silverleaf
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2016, 05:17:08 PM »
https://www.obd2allinone.com/products/ALDLto6Madap.asp

I have found a website that has adapters from sever connectors to the "Packard" ALDL 12 pin connector. The site is above. I attached a photo of the 6 pin to ALDL connector. Also in the fine print of their website I see Silverleaf has updated that they now can install the "obsolete connectors"  I attached a photo of the 6 pin to 12 pin ALDL connector. The site also has 9 pin to 12 and several others.  This should get me into the ballpark. I will keep you all posted  Thanks again

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2016, 05:48:38 PM »
Darrel, that is good news for older motorhome owner that want silverleaf operation.
In what I do with diagnostic troubleshooting the Packard connection is best for myself.
One question you may ask with this adapter some connections read Allison transmission
only as I has run into this. Than some 6 pin J-1708 would read Allison only and would put
another 6 pin J-1708 connector for engine sitting right next to each other in the newer
motorhomes. Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic

john brunson

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2016, 10:06:38 PM »
so to be clear now, I am looking under my dash for a connector that will mate with the one on the right in the picture???

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2016, 10:49:08 PM »
John, you could be looking for the gray 6 pin J-1708 first. It you cannot find the 6 pin
than look for the Packard connector. You have both in the picture one gray and one
connector is black. Question what does your silver leaf have for end. The has to be
some kind of connector under your dash some place. Dave Atherton Retired Cat mechanic

William Ervin

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2016, 02:01:57 AM »
John

On my 96 Pat the packard is mounted on the wall right next to where my left foot sits while I'm driving about eight inches up.

can't never tell where they put yours 8)

Bill

john brunson

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2016, 07:03:07 PM »
Dave,

My coach came with no such fancy diagnostic stuff~ i am considering the feasibility of the PC based silverleaf system "VMSPC" the only diagnostic i have found to date is the one near the fuel filters in the rear bay door where we replaced the fuel line.  It will be much easier if i can locate a diagnostic port under the dash.

darell ottoson

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2016, 07:12:54 PM »
Is your coach a 96 Monterey? Mine is built in 95 registered 1996. It is a 30 ft. Model 3004 The "Packard" type connector I located is on the steering column  under the dash> It says diagnostics, It has a plastic cover that needs to be removed to see the pins, If you need I can take a picture and post tomorrow. It is in storage not at my house, I will do this if it is the same motorhome as mine. Let me know.  Darell