Author Topic: Hydraulic Fuel Line Hose  (Read 37305 times)

steve zannella

Re: Hydraulic Fuel Line Hose
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2016, 07:42:28 PM »
Thanks Dave

Sounds like the particle filters are on the output side of the Fuel Lift Pump.

Steve

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2016, 09:46:29 PM »
Steve, maybe this will help you with hose A&B. The problem is only located on the suction of
the fuel from front fuel tank , to water/fuel filter ( Racor ) than from water/fuel filter goes
to the fuel transfer pump on front lower corner of engine. The discharge on fuel transfer pump
(or pressure side of pump) will push the fuel to the secondary fuel filter under pressure than into engine. The only hose that is unprotected is again the hose after the water/fuel filter ( Racor )
and suction inlet of the fuel transfer pump. With hydraulic hose breaking apart small pieces
will restrict flow of diesel fuel to fuel transfer pump at pump suction inlet.
Dave Atherton Retired cat Mechanic

steve zannella

« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2016, 11:15:48 PM »
Dave

Got It! Your previous reply helps a lot.
 Last question, I have a replacement hose and will try to install myself, will the loss of fuel from the fuel line cause starting problems, will the fuel system need to purged of air?

Dave Atherton

• BAC Member
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2016, 11:54:47 PM »
Steve, just put new hose on and start engine you will not need to bleed the system.
You will loose very little diesel fuel changing hose. Dave Atherton Retired Cat Mechanic

Mike Groves

« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2016, 04:56:05 PM »
Regarding the fuel line work I had done by Peterson CAT in Portland -

This morning I received a very nice email from Nick Smith of Peterson CAT here in Portland.  He addressed my concerns and will refund a portion of the parts (extra parts originally ordered to craft a hydraulic hose) and some of the labor involved in the whole process.  He also assured me that I have the "cat's meow" as far as a new fuel line and that made Margaret and myself very happy as well.  He admitted that most of the time involved was spent scurrying about getting parts and initially they were hydraulic hose and parts and then a second time on the plastic hose and parts. 

I just wanted to post that I am happy about our agreement and encourage anyone with a problem with any business to take your concerns politely to that business to seek a meeting of the minds.  I just got off the phone with Mr. Smith and everybody is happy.

Mike