Author Topic: Redecorating  (Read 5862 times)

Joel Weiss

Redecorating
« on: February 20, 2016, 11:54:51 PM »
Since we're planning on using our Beaver for the next 4-5 years and don't expect to get all that much back for it at that point, we have continued to redecorate it to suit our tastes without any particular concern for resale value.   Our current project was to replace the tired, old green front windshield curtains with something a bit more "interesting".  The attached photo shows the new lace curtains which replaced the green ones.  We don't camp in places where we are concerned about the loss of insulation and we have an external sunshade for privacy purposes if we need it. We were able to reuse all the hanging hardware and our electric "track" still works fine.

It's not for everyone, but for us it's great and matches the lace curtains that we made to replace the original blinds!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 11:57:28 PM by Joel Weiss »
The following users thanked this post: Larry Dedrick

Edward Buker

Re: Redecorating
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 04:24:17 AM »
Joel,

That is unique and goes with the lamp. All that matters is that you are enjoying the change. Have fun with your decorating.

Later Ed

Carol Moffett

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 02:10:58 PM »
Very beautiful!  I love it!  I would do it in a heartbeat but DH would have a cow!  Lol!
Carol
Carol Moffett (better half of Keith)
Totally Gorgeous, 45ft 2007 Patriot Thunder "ZOLA"
CAT C-13
2006 Ford Explorer Ltd, as toad
  :^3=~

Joel Weiss

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 02:50:19 PM »

That is unique and goes with the lamp. All that matters is that you are enjoying the change. Have fun with your decorating.

The lace even goes better with the ~100 year old crystal lamp we have on the side table!  ;D  It's glued down with museum putty and jingles as we drive down the highways!

Joel
The following users thanked this post: Carol Moffett

Mike Groves

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 02:55:28 PM »
I am sure that will make the electric open system work much easier.  I notice mine drags with the humidity of storage and gets better as the curtains dry out when we use them during the season.  VERY HEAVY curtains, the original ones.

Mike
The following users thanked this post: Carol Moffett