Author Topic: FYI REGARDING SIMPLE GREEN  (Read 7137 times)

LEAH DRAPER

FYI REGARDING SIMPLE GREEN
« on: April 14, 2016, 05:25:02 PM »
Relative to use of Simple Green, there is a relatively new Simple Green developed for Boeing
Aircraft to meet their requirements related to a non-corrosive aluminum cleaner which I have purchased and use to clean specifically the radiator and related parts called "Extreme Simple Green".  I have not seen it in stores (but haven't looked for it there either).  I think I ordered it directly from  the simple green website if recollection serves me.

Leah Draper
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

Roy Deeble

Re: FYI REGARDING SIMPLE GREEN
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 07:26:55 PM »
Type Extreme Simple Green in the Amazon search box.  I assume you are using the spray bottle, although there seems to be a number of options for aircraft use and some very expensive.

Roy C Tyler

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 10:25:13 PM »
Extreme Simple Green for Motorcraft is available at Camping World.  It says on the spray bottle that it will not harm aluminum.  On sale now for $7.99 for 32oz spray bottle.  I bought 2 bottles yesterday at my local Camping World.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 06:19:37 AM »
The topic has been on the Forum in the past, and the Extreme for Motorsports was hard to find then.  It's been on Amazon, and I've recently seen it more often elsewhere, and finally bought a 32oz bottle at Fred Meyer last year.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

LEAH DRAPER

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 04:14:07 PM »
THANKS EVERYONE for chirping in on where it is available, you know how memory fades over time.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 09:54:03 PM »
Thank you, Leah, for bringing it up again. 

This time of year a lot of owners are getting outside and dewinterizing, prepping, and cleaning their coaches.  Many new to the game or the club Forum haven't read the older threads, and aren't aware that the regular Simple Green commonly available or on hand in their garage isn't particularly friendly to aluminum radiators and parts, especially if used on a warm radiator where the chemical can dry quicker. 

It may be okay if thoroughly rinsed out, but who can say tiny nooks and crannies in a deep complex of stacked radiators get completely rinsed residue-free, or rinsed before any cleaner dries.  It's just safer to use Dawn or Extreme Simple Green in lieu of plain Simple Green.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Jim Edwards

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 12:46:50 PM »
Just as an FYI. According to Simple Green Tech support,

"The difference between Extreme Simple Green Motorsports and Extreme Simple Green Aircraft & Precision Cleaner is the concentration. Extreme Simple Green Motorsports is a “ready to use” 1:3 solution of Extreme Simple Green Aircraft & Precision Cleaner.
I hope that this information is helpful. Best regards,
Simple Green"

So at the same working strength the aircraft will go 4 times the distance that of the automotive.

Of note: The aircraft version loses its metal protection at dilutions greater than 13:1.

At the warning "do not use over asphalt"
I have attached image of Aircraft label with dilutions.
Really good stuff.
Jim Edwards
2005 Monterey Laguna III, 40 ft Cat C9
2007 Country Coach Affinity 45 ft Cummins 600
15 Grand Cherokee
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley