Author Topic: front mask damage  (Read 4380 times)

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
front mask damage
« on: April 11, 2016, 03:54:49 AM »
Went down to the storage yard today to run the genny to charge the batteries and found damage to the front mask, mirror and headlight (rt. front). Looks like a 5ver forgot about allowing for tail swing and caught our mirror, then continued forward, scratching, as far as I can tell, only the front mask. Maybe paint scratches under the mask, can't tell. Question is, do I insist their ins. replace the whole mask, or can they cut out the bad and replace w/new? Likely need to replace about a quarter of the front mask. Anyone know what the replacement headlight assy. is from (did I hear a Ford truck)? Ours is a 2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 40' w/ three slides. We love our new to us Beaver and are still shuddering from the first scratch (ouch). The fiver is parked in a space just around the corner from our covered spot, and he suffered major damage to his left rear corner. My forensic investigation found small pieces of his left rear clearance light embedded in the mask. Filed police report and will contact FMCA insurance tomorrow.

2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

D. Wendal Attig

Re: front mask damage
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 06:48:39 PM »
Bill, While I don't have a picture of yours, I did search for online pix of 2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington. It appears to be the same as our 2002 Patriot Monicello. Our headlights and tailights are both from a 98-2000 Lincoln Navigator. You can find these headlights easily on ebay....sometimes the pair, new for less than $150. Can't advise you on the front cap.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 07:19:11 PM »
Bill,
I'd demand they replace complete mask. Other option is  to remove mask and leave it off as you can get mold growth under it that can damage paint. I've had coaches with and without.  With mask, any rock damage is permanent. Without the mask, a little touch-up paint normally does the trick.
Steve
Steve
Coachless
2015- 6/24  07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 02:19:29 PM »
I would  have the complete mask replaced, recently some members have had a bed liner used for replacement they have the color match and the job is done,  I think Jeff has been doing this updtate in Bend.
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13