Author Topic: My Engine Is Hiding, Is this a Beaver thing?  (Read 14516 times)

john brunson

Re: My Engine Is Hiding, Is this a Beaver thing?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2016, 04:31:43 AM »
Guys,

On the 96 36' Monterey, removing the floor of the closet ( carpet staples and a dozen screws)  exposes everything that remains... Awesome access to belts, hoses, the Charge air cooler/ intercooler or whatever ya wanna call it, thermostat housing, fan, shaft, idlers is almost completely unrestricted.

Per the CAT RV hotline, I have replaced the thermostat before the old one caused problems, and now am flushing the coolant multiple times to add Cat ELC. 

Tomorrow we spray the radiator down with simple green and rinse out the cooling fins....

Once more, the engine is hiding under the closet, but 20 minutes with a screw gun reveals it just fine!

D. Wendal Attig

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2016, 03:59:49 AM »
We do have the hinged access in the bedroom just forward of the closet across the back of the coach, but now you have me thinking about how to create removable sections of flooring inside the closet floor. Thanks all for the info and ideas.

john brunson

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2016, 02:34:32 PM »
this Saturday the radiator is going to get a clensing before i close it all back up... i am going to take some pictures... with the single piece of plywood that is the closet floor removed, access to the accessory & drive train is as good or better than any automotive engine installation.

stay tuned
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 04:16:06 PM by John Brunson »

john brunson

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2016, 07:02:01 PM »
Sorry for poor lighting... Mabye you can get a clue about significant access to engine from closet floor