Author Topic: Videos  (Read 8428 times)

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Videos
« on: April 29, 2016, 11:57:03 AM »
Wanted to thank Bill Sprague for the videos he has done.  I just watched the one on replacing the Aqua Hot fuel pump.
These videos have been very helpful and I hope they are in the members only section library.

Good Job Bill
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Bill Sprague

Re: Videos
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 03:51:34 PM »
Thank you for the compliment Keith!  I had the fun part.  Marty did all the homework and work with some help from Jay. 

The two videos I would still like to do is "Annual Beaver Lube, Oil and Filter" and "Annual Hydro/Aqua Hot Service".   I've never been in the right spot at the right time with the right "actors". 

Edward Buker

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 02:35:09 AM »
Bill,

Another thanks from me, there is nothing better then a video to follow if you are doing something you have never done before...good work!

Later Ed

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 06:41:10 AM »
Just finished cleaning the screen filter and replacing the O rings and the two filters.
It would have been great to have a video to watch first.

Hinting rather loudly. 
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Bill Sprague

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 04:06:32 PM »
.....Hinting rather loudly.
Making videos is one of the things I like to play at.  I would love to do more Beaver maintenance videos.  The trick  involves three things.  One is a motorhome that is getting a specific service.  Two is a service person that wants to be filmed.  Three is for me to be there with my toys.   The second one is the hardest.   In general, people don't like to be "filmed" and technicians that we pay to do service don't want to teach us how to avoid them!   Professionals don't seem to see it as "positive advertising". 

On my list of projects has been a fuel filter change, engine oil and filters, chassis lube and routine Hydro/AquaHot service.

Now that I no longer have a Beaver, it is even less likely I will be able to create video opportunities on my own.   So, Keith, how do we put this together?  Any excuse to go "camping" is good for me!

William Ervin

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 05:10:18 PM »
There are a number of products nowadays to help make really good quantity videos.   iMovie for iPhones/iPads is one of the best, is easier to use and you can use multiple iphones and iPads imports outside video or jpeg stills for different shots and angles for high quality audio/video editing.   There is also an iMovie clones like Movavi for pc that makes editing on windows pc easy (easy is a relative term)

I plan on being at the BAC International in Canyonville...  anybody up for some major film production work? 8) 8) 8).

Bill

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 10:01:14 PM »
The GoPro I got last summer to use for teaching my great grandkids and grandkids how to flyfish, and document our adventures doing so, has one of the more intuitive and effective editing programs I've run across.  As I recall it can be used for just about any video format editing and I downloaded it online, but never found time to actually do a complete edit of our excursions.  My original intent was to use it with a drone for combining first-person and remote perspectives of fishing techniques via editing.  Had enough trouble learning what button did what on the camera, much less spend more $ on a quality drone and try learning that too, so it's a notion yet to come to fruition  :o .

Back in the 70's, as a lone traveler, I used Dad's 8mm to produce "movies" of my ski and fishing trips for the family.  I recorded audio with narrative and music via a tape recorder.  I was screenwriter and actor, building serious and comedic scenes, and learned how to edit and synch audio with celluloid.  My remaining immediate family still fondly remembers them;  reckon I need to dig them out and copy to digital for them, but some scenes of me acting silly might be embarrassing to have my wife and step kids see  :-X .

In the Northwest, REI outdoor stores offers classes/seminars in using both the camera and program;  I attended them but didn't get to put them into practice again before the season was over.  Reckon I've forgotten most of it and I may retake the classes again before this season's outings.

My brother-in-law used to warn me it was h*** to get old  :'( .

-Joel
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 10:20:24 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

William Ervin

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 10:36:48 PM »
GoPro's editing SW is great, I haven't used it in a while but a few years ago it was limited to a few video formats, still formats and you couldn't do a lot of audio mix stuff.  It was still a very good product for editing GoPro stuff.

Bill

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 11:20:13 AM »

So, Keith, how do we put this together?  Any excuse to go "camping" is good for me!
[/quote]

Bill, it depends on your itenerary.  We are (God willing) at the Albany rally and then BCS through June.  We could write a tune called "Dirty old air sucking pig" play it for backround music and replace our Racor.  Just put new filters and orings in that and it still seeps a bit GRRRRR!     ;D
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2016, 03:41:05 PM »
I sorted through the Forum postings and compiled a list of videos that may be helpful. They are posted in an attachment to a "stickey"in the Members Only board. If you have others, send me a link. Please respond to this post as I will keep the Members Only post as is w/o follow on messages.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp
The following users thanked this post: Keith Moffett

William Ervin

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2016, 03:52:09 PM »
Keith & Bill

I'm in Denver now, been here several days longer than planned.  I was planning to go up to BCS next so Ken can do a Trans service and Radiator flush this week but things have changed.  I'll be heading back to Dallas Tomorrow.   I'll be going to the Airshow/fly-in in Oshkosh the end of July and then head across the northern states to the PNW and I'll be up there until after Canyonville if anyone wants to do some video stuff.

I'll Probably do the flush myself and have industrial power do the Trans service.  I am however going to change out my Racor and add a Ford 7.3 fuel pump inline to help out the lift pump.  My plan is to do a lot of video when I change out my Racor in the next several weeks and then a lot of editing, so I may call on you and Dave for assistance on Racor stuff.

Bill

« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 03:59:58 PM by William Ervin »