Author Topic: TV Lift UP is Down and Down is Down  (Read 3846 times)

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
TV Lift UP is Down and Down is Down
« on: April 30, 2016, 07:56:39 PM »
Calling all experts
                 My TV lift is controlled through our multiplex system, this is on a 2008 Beaver Marquis. When I select UP the lift takes the TV Down and when I select Down the TV goes Down as advertised. But it"s the UP switch I need help with. Anyone?

Larry D
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15

Bill Sprague

Re: TV Lift UP is Down and Down is Down
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 09:02:13 PM »
Larry,

I'm really tempted to suggest you turn the coach over so that down will be up, but I won't!

Bill
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley, Keith Moffett

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 06:28:01 PM »
Bill:
          If only I was capable of anti-gravity, I would, but I will tell you what I did do. I cycled the battery cutoff switch and everything is normal. Up is Up, and Down is Down. What that had to do with it is beyond me, but I thought, what the heck, give it a try. Lets hope that was a permanent fix.

Larry D
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15

Bill Sprague

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 04:06:16 PM »
Good news!  Rebooting the computer is an old trick that can work wonders.  FWIW, our Beaver had a bazillion old fashioned 12 volt switches.  The new motorcabin has the tricky "new"  computer controlled buttons on two pads.  Even in the dark I could find the old Beaver switches.  Now I have to find individual buttons on a pad of a dozen.  It is hard in the dark.  I think I liked the old way better.