Author Topic: Bedroom Slide Quit - Part II  (Read 4144 times)

Robert Green

Bedroom Slide Quit - Part II
« on: April 30, 2016, 11:06:03 PM »
The original "Bedroom Slide Quit" has been a huge help. 
http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,4293.msg38846.html#msg38846

I started diagnosing my problem today.  Batteries are fully charged.  Klauber Model k01285c600.  New brake installed. 

Step 1 - I cut the Blue and Black wires under the bed about half way to the motor and put a meter on them.  With the switch depressed I get a bit over 12 volts (+ or - depending on IN or OUT position).  So power to the motor is fine.

Step 2 - I brought a car battery into the bedroom and ran jumpers from the motor/brake wires directly to the battery.  Motor works perfectly in both directions (reversed polarity to test each direction).

Step 3 - Twisted the Blue wire to Red Motor/Black Brake and Black wire to Black Motor/Black Brake.  Using alligator clips, put volt meter on at the wire connection and hit the switch.  Only ~2 to 3 volts (+ or - minus depending on IN or OUT position of switch) registered.   

Repeated Step 1 and Step 2 with same results.

Using connectors permanently attached Blue to Red Motor/Black Brake and Black to Black Motor/Black Brake. 

Using the alligator clips again (opened and slid one half into the connector) I jumped the motor with the battery and brought the slide in to fully closed position.

Unlike David T. Richelderfer, my Limit Switch wires are NOT loose.  So I'm wondering if I have an issue with the switches themselves (Part numbers 016 IN and 017 OUT) - or if there are any ideas from the group as to my issue. 

I've attached images of my set up (Limit Switch, Motor/Brake wiring and Relay located behind the toggle switch in the TV cabinet). 

Appreciate any help.  Thank you!

Robert Green

Re: Bedroom Slide Quit - Part II
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2016, 11:07:49 PM »
Other images. 

Robert Green

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 11:11:17 PM »
Sorry. 017 is the IN Limit Switch.  O16 is OUT Limit Switch.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 01:45:30 AM »
Bob,
If I understand your diagnosis procedure correctly, it sounds like the main switch that controls the slide direction is defective.

Gerald 

Robert Green

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 01:55:03 AM »
Gerald
Thanks so much for the reply and help. I will see about getting a new switch and see if that makes a difference.  Will update afterwards.

Greatly appreciated!

Robert Green

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 04:06:30 AM »
So the main switch didn't solve the issue.  I called Beaver Coach Sales and they supplied two new limiter switches.  I'm also going to trace down the white ground wire and see if it is still connected (frame, fuse panel, where ever it goes). The schematics in the member area don't really show the path for this harness.  Will have to do some detective work. 

More details as they develop.