Author Topic: Electrical 110 Volt outlet under bed.  (Read 3839 times)

Dale Soule

• BAC Member
Electrical 110 Volt outlet under bed.
« on: May 01, 2016, 01:22:01 AM »
While I was under bed working on a RV bed lift, I found a 110 volt receptical with a plug in it. I have no idea where the cord goes because it disappears into the engine compartment.  Looking under and around the engine itself, I can not find a block heater set up on the C-9 engine.  The outlet is only hot on shore power.  We have a north/south bed (Montclair IV).

Also we have a CareFree  electrical awning with  wind sensor to retract,  With a hair dryer I can not make it retract in the auto mode, I have read instructions and manuals as well as the forum.  When wind sensor/auto retract is on (I think) the rocker switch indicator light does not light up. Bad switch, bad wiring?  I just don't know.
2006 Beaver Monterey Montclair IV
Chassis: Magnum
Engine: C-9-400
Dale Soule'

Lee Welbanks

Re: Electrical 110 Volt outlet under bed.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 03:36:58 AM »
While I was under bed working on a RV bed lift, I found a 110 volt receptical with a plug in it. I have no idea where the cord goes because it disappears into the engine compartment.  Looking under and around the engine itself, I can not find a block heater set up on the C-9 engine.  The outlet is only hot on shore power.  We have a north/south bed (Montclair IV).

Also we have a CareFree  electrical awning with  wind sensor to retract,  With a hair dryer I can not make it retract in the auto mode, I have read instructions and manuals as well as the forum.  When wind sensor/auto retract is on (I think) the rocker switch indicator light does not light up. Bad switch, bad wiring?  I just don't know.
The receptacle under the bed should be for a air bed pump, I have one under our bed in the PT but it is hot all the time as long as the inverter in on.
Don't know about the Carefree awning sensor I have a Girard and the sensor is adjustable in the control board.

Neal E Weinmann

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 03:58:38 AM »
Would expect that outlet is protected with a breaker on the 50 amp panel, so it follows that you might be able to then identify its circuit via the breakers.
2005 Monterey Bayview IV
CAT C9 400HP
2018 Ford Edge Titanium

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 05:26:38 AM »
That circuit is for the engine block heater and has a/c voltage on shore power. On the right of dash  you should find the switch with block heater stated on it. We use ours for the sleep number bed. Just have to remember when gaining elevation to put the bed pressure down before unplugging shore power or if forgetful start the generator.
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9

Dale Soule

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 05:27:43 AM »
Thank you.  Will look tomorrow.  We don't have an airbed, so I do not know the plug and cord goes.  But it's a starting point.  Thanks
2006 Beaver Monterey Montclair IV
Chassis: Magnum
Engine: C-9-400
Dale Soule'

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 06:19:00 AM »
If you want to be able to adjust an air bed when dry camping w/o the geni running you'll need to run another ac line that is powered by the inverter. Our Contessa was wired so that the night stand and under bed outlets were on the reefer circuit so only had power when supplied by geni or shore. (I'm sure there was a reason for that but it escapes me).
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp