Author Topic: Key pad problem  (Read 2768 times)

Dale Walker

Key pad problem
« on: May 01, 2016, 03:35:02 AM »
Hi guys, my key pad hasn't been working on my coach, since I bought it, and would like to get it working.

I pulled the wires out and found the reset button, when I pushed it to reset it it beeped and the pad lite up. So I did as the book says, pushed the button, waited for the beeps, put my ID that I wanted, but it didn't work. I tried the 559 code to try and lock the door, but it didn't work. Question, if the pad lights up, does that indicate that it is operational? Is the pad supposed to be lit all the time the master switch for power is on?

Thanks in advance.

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
Re: Key pad problem
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 05:33:37 AM »
Ours lights up and beeps when the numbers are pushed. The problem we had was when cold it was really hard to push those numbers. If the sun was warming it it was easy. The button switch was in the  4x4 panel low next to the passenger seat.
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9

Dale Walker

Re: Key pad problem
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 06:53:30 AM »
Thanks Jim, I had the panel off, that's were the reset button was. The thing lights and beeps but beyond that, nothing. One thing you just alerted me to, is when you touch the buttons on the panel, it doesn't beep. Probably it's fubared? Probably due for a new key pad?