Author Topic: 2000 Beaver Marquis Central AC Problem  (Read 6748 times)

Larry Wilson

2000 Beaver Marquis Central AC Problem
« on: May 01, 2016, 10:09:53 PM »
We have a 2000 Beaver Marquis, have had it since new.  My central air under the coach is working fine as far as cooling the coach and both compressors will cycle on and off properly.  The problem is that it sounds like the internal fans that cool the AC unit don't shut off when the compressors turn off when proper temp in the coach is reached.  The fans that run to cool the interior of the coach are off but can still hear fans running in the AC unit.  The Thermostat on the wall seems to work fine for setting temp and high and low fan.  This just started.  We are in Fl and need the AC but concerned that will cause more damage if these fans don't shut off.

Larry Wilson
2000 Beaver Marquis

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: 2000 Beaver Marquis Central AC Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 10:58:24 PM »
Larry,
To verify it is the ac fans, check the CMP and see how much current AC1 &2 are drawing when the units are off.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 02:57:37 AM »
Larry,
From your description, you have a stuck relay on the control board in your A/C unit. The control board is easy to replace in 10 minutes. It is accessible after removing the panel (held on by one screw) facing the outside of the coach at the LR of the A/C unit.   

If you are handy with a soldering iron, you can remove the board and replace the relay, but make sure that the compressors are cutting off and only the condenser fan is running. If you do not feel good about working on your circuit board, You can purchase a new one from VCS (Victory Climate Systems) in Forth Worth or have it rebuilt by Flight Systems for about $85  (https://www.flightsystems.com/rv-generator-controls-repairs/scs-victory-climate-control-repair-service.html). Since several of us who own 2000-2002 Marquis carry an extra control board, you may even be able to buy one from a club member.

Gerald 

Michael Carbonaro

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 07:45:13 PM »
Hey Gerald how can I find someone with a circuit board for sale, I have a 2000 Beaver  mystique 2000 with a c12.

Thanks
Michael

Gerald Farris

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 03:55:00 PM »
Michael,
You can post a request to purchase one on the For Sale and Wanted Board of the BAC Forum. http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/board,14.0.html

If you do not find someone who wants to sale one there, you still have the other two options that I listed above.

Gerald   

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 10:33:26 PM »
Gerald, I just called the company you refer to.  I understand that they will repair a circut board for the SCS system but dont build new ones.  (I had thought to have a new spare).
Are our under coach AC units are SCS brand or what?
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Gerald Farris

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 11:27:35 PM »
Keith,
The basement A/C unit in your coach was built by SCS. They went out of business in 2010, and their assets were liquidated. Victory Climate Systems (VCS) of Forth Worth Texas bought a lot of their intellectual properties, and they were making new boards for the SCS units the last I heard. I bought a new board from them in 2013. If they do not have one, Newell coaches used a lot of SCS units in the past and they normally stock the new boards.

Gerald 

Gerald
The following users thanked this post: Keith Moffett