Author Topic: No Aqua hot in the bedroom  (Read 7618 times)

Ryan Sneller

No Aqua hot in the bedroom
« on: May 03, 2016, 09:32:28 PM »
Last time we used our rig the two vents in the bedroom just blew cold air. All others where hot... any ideas? Also I've never figured out how to get the one in the bathroom vanity to come on, tried all zones. Not sure even how to even get to the blower assembly as everything is built so well, thinking you should be able to take floor apart inside vanity but no screws or anything visible that i can see. It is a 2008 PT.

Thanks,

Ryan

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: No Aqua hot in the bedroom
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 10:14:29 PM »
Ryan,
If your PT is like my Contessa, the T'stat in the bedroom has 2 zones, bathroom and bedroom. Check to be sure you have both zones set to  heat. I think zone 1 is the bath and zone 2 the bedroom.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Ryan Sneller

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 10:54:56 PM »
Thanks Steve, tried that, still nothing.

Ryan

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 11:25:32 PM »
Ryan,
Have they worked in the past? Has any work been done on the system since they last worked? Check to see if the pumps for the bed and bath zones are working and pumping hot antifreeze to the respective zone heat exchangers. Check the AH Control panel. The Heating Zone Status lights should be green, indicating each zone is calling for heat. The Circulation Pump Status lights should also be Green indicating the pumps are running. One of them will not be on unless hot water is being demanded from a sink, etc. Since the fans are working it seems that you are not getting hot fluid to the exchangers for some reason. If any of the lights are red, try resetting the AH at the control panel.
Steve
Steve

Ryan Sneller

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 11:44:59 PM »
Steve, bedroom worked in the past. I also read that maybe the ck valve may be stuck, so i'm going to tap on them. Bathroom has never came on. sure wish i knew how to get to it so i could test if its getting power or not. All lights green on control panel.

Ryan

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 01:08:09 AM »
Ryan,
On mine the vanity heat exchanger is accessible by removing the cabinet floor panel. You may have to peel back the "carpet" on the panle to get to the screws.
Steve
Steve

Ryan Sneller

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 04:47:49 AM »
so i just pulled up on the floor and it came right up! not screwed down at all. no 12v going to the xchanger when that zone on. aqua hot runs and it says on the aq h panel a zone is heating just no fans on that xchanger.

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 02:17:25 PM »
If you are getting heat to the exchanger, then all you need is to get that exchanger fan operational.  If no heat to the exchanger, then perhaps the Aquahot's bedroom zone pump needs a look too.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Ryan Sneller

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 03:12:20 PM »
I read on another post to ck the relays and fuses for that zone, not sure where they are, need to take covers all off on the AH. Read manual last night but didnt see ref to those.

Ryan

Edward Buker

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 03:45:40 PM »
Ryan,

The best thing you can do is download the service manual from Aqua Hot on your specific model. They have very good trouble shooting sections in the manuals that will steer you to the right components to check. As new as your coach is you may not have the relays in the newer model Aqua Hot, not sure.

Later Ed

Ryan Sneller

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 03:55:20 PM »
I printed off the schematic and next i'm going to test is the output off the controller for that zone if its dead there looks like $$$ for me flying out of my pocket. If its hot there, then i'm loosing it between there and the Fan in the bathroom.

Ryan

Ryan Sneller

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2016, 09:24:21 PM »
Here is an update... from the schematic figured out it is zone two so on the control board found #2 and pump + and - turned on thermostat and green light came on the board showing #2 zone should be working. No heat and no fans still. stuck tester on the output and it has 13v. so it should be sending power up to the bathroom fans right?!? Went to bathroom and tested there no 12v. I tried following it from AH panel to see where it went to no avail! Goes into looms and disappears above AH, was able to follow it below the bathroom as its right in same bay as AH just over a bit. It comes down and looks like it should head towards AH then too disappears!! kinda think it acts like it wanted to go forward somewhere like there is a fuse panel somewhere.. I have checked every fuse on that whole coach and cannot find one faulty nor find one that says AH blowers or such. So i cut the wire b4 it disappears under the bathroom and connected a jumper to it and ran to AH control panel, unhooked other one and TA-DA!!!!! Fans work in bathroom!!! Im seriously considering putting an inline fuse on and zip tying the jumper to the mess of looms and tape it too some to hide it a bit and call it good!! I also figured out that the pump for that zone was bad also. So i ordered a new pump today, just seems weird that it was a two part problem.. Don't think that they had a tie to each other... Don't think the fans care if the pump isn't turning, although i may be wrong.

Richard LaLande

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2016, 11:51:21 PM »
this is good to read as i discovered a fan box for heat under the bed in our 04 monterey that does not work...  :)

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2016, 02:39:31 AM »
Rick-
Certainly one of the topics discussed in this thread could be related to your faulty fan, but our coach wasn't very old when I discovered one of ours inoperative.  It was merely a poorly placed wire connector, and pinched wire, at the fan itself.  So if it's a heat exchange unit that's reasonably accessible, I'd find checking it's fan's wire connectors a relatively easy first step.

After checking the integrity of the wires there, turn the heat on in that zone and probe the connectors with a voltmeter to verify its getting juice or not before searching for fuses and such upstream.

Joel
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 02:43:27 AM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Dick Simonis

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2016, 03:20:51 PM »
This may be a long shot but there some air handlers had the ability to attach an aqua-stat to the heating lines that would allow the fan to stay off until there was heat available.  If the zone comes on the pump should run and you should have heat at least in the lines regardless if the fan starts.  Sounds like you could also have two problems, bad pump and bad fan.