Author Topic: Travel in Upstate New York  (Read 3911 times)

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
Travel in Upstate New York
« on: June 14, 2016, 04:23:41 PM »
Dumb question. Can I travel from the Watertown, NY area through the Adirondacks...say to Lake Placid, and then Fort Ticonderoga, with the Beaver? I don't have software at home that helps with low clearances and grades. Good Sam trip maker does show some low clearances from Lake Placid to Quechee, VT, which is why I want to go down to Fort Ticonderoga on the NY side before crossing over.

Thank you.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Keith Cooper

Re: Travel in Upstate New York
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 12:43:57 AM »
lake Placid to Ft Ticonderoga on hwy 73 into Keene the last 4.5 mi includes 5%-9% grades with 8%-9% the last two miles. I have two suggestions for you going forward: When you layout a route on Google Maps select the terrain option and second invest in the mountain directories (east and west) they are both quite helpful
The following users thanked this post: Stan Simpson

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
Re: Travel in Upstate New York
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 02:46:13 AM »
Shoot Keith...we did 14% in Utah for about 9 miles, and then it leveled off to 12% for the next 10.  ;)

Thanks for the advice, but I'm laying it out on Good Sam Trip Planner. How do I select the Google Maps option for terrain? Isn't it true that I can't put more than 10 stops on Google Maps?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 02:53:01 AM by Stan Simpson »
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad