Author Topic: disc break air help  (Read 25265 times)

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
Re: disc break air help
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2016, 10:03:38 PM »
Eric,
Your 2001 Monterey does not have the Meritor ADB brake system that is being referred to in this post. The 2001 Monterey has hydraulic brakes that use air pressure for assist in the same manner that vacuum is used for the power brake assist on your car.

Gerald
I guess my 2001 Contessa would not have the meritor brakes either then.
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2016, 03:04:42 AM »
When I was in Texas the gentleman I had working on my air suspension (travel mode) noticed that the drive shaft needed to be lubed as did the slack adjusters.  I had just had it done at Eagle's Pride in Titusville Fl.  Somewhat disappointed in them!  Anyway, he did the lubes and I mentioned the clay based grease I've read about in the past.  I've noticed on this thread that the clay doesn't apply to slack adjusters.  Does it apply to the drum type brakes in my Patriot as it does with y'all that have disk brakes?
Thanks
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Gerald Farris

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2016, 07:42:00 PM »
Jerry,
The clay based grease that has been mentioned on this Forum, is used to lubricate the brake calipers only (not slack adjusters) on coaches that are equipped with Meritor ADB brakes (air disc brakes). The only Beaver coaches that are equipped with the Meritor ADB brakes are the Marquis from mid 1998 (start of Magnum chassis production for Marquis) through 2002, and the 2002 Patriot Thunder.

Gerald
The following users thanked this post: Jerry Emert