Author Topic: SCS Fridgette basement air  (Read 3936 times)

Robert and Wanda Lindgren

SCS Fridgette basement air
« on: August 21, 2010, 02:29:51 PM »
 In July I posted performance of newly manufactured SCS Fridgette basement air unit for my 2002 Marquis. It was blowing circuit breakers after running for an hour in the July heat of Texas. Tech found that upon installation of new unit installer connected circuit one to smaller of two 20 amp breakers and circuit two to the larger breaker. He changed Circuit One (requiring higher amperage) to the larger breaker and Circuit Two (requiring less amperage) to the smaller breaker. Parked coach in direct Texas sun, 104 degrees at 1 pm and started AC. It was still running it's little heart out at 5 pm. I'm told that Circuit One carries a compressor and fans while Circuit Two carries only a compressor and the result is that Circuit One may demand more than 20 amps just for a few moments while Circuit Two does not.

The Tech and I talked about living with this system in he Texas heat and his comment was ---"it takes the night  handle the day." In other words, if you don't have the coach cool when the sun comes up it's going to be a hot day so do everything you can to keep the sunshine outside. Even then, when the temp hits105 by noon, better look for some shade.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 09:23:33 PM by 5 »