Author Topic: Accordian Door?  (Read 4668 times)

Tic Wilson

Accordian Door?
« on: May 26, 2016, 05:55:14 PM »
I did not know what to call this flexible door.  This is adjacent to the kitchen slide-out and evidently is meant to roll up and extend along with the slide-out. It is coming apart.  We are going to attempt a repair, but a replacement would be so much better.
Any ideas?  We stopped by Colaw RV Salvage, but they had nothing that would work.  They had two burned-out 05 Montereys.
Scary!
One last thought, I'm wondering if it has to move (roll-up) at all?  If not, problem solved.

Lawrence Tarnoff

Re: Accordian Door?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 10:45:43 PM »
You might find a good solution with a tambour door kit.  Amazon has a lot of alternatives and you might try some of the woodworking websites like Rockler, Woodcraft or Highland Woodworking.

Larry

Bill Sprague

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 12:54:08 AM »
....Any ideas?  .....One last thought, I'm wondering if it has to move (roll-up) at all?  If not, problem solved.
Start by getting the roll up mechanism to work.  It is behind the panel in the hallway that pops off.  The spring ends that grabbed the roller on mine broke off.   I was able to bend the ends of the springs into new hooks.  Without the roll up, the door jams itself to death when you operate the slide.   The design is not Beaver's best work.  It is "fiddly" and fragile.  After I got it working and repaired, I watched it carefully each time I ran the slide in.  Running out was not a problem.   
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

Tic Wilson

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 08:29:54 PM »
The problem we see is that the individual slats have separated from the fabric.  If we are unable to re-glue them, I may have found a replacement, altho it will need some modification to fit.  http://www.cabinetparts.com/p/omega-national-products-organizers-kitchen-organizers-ONPV3MA517#productinfo