Author Topic: Popping in speakers  (Read 5470 times)

Robert Griffin

Popping in speakers
« on: June 02, 2016, 08:41:23 PM »
Hi - I am new to BAC. I have 2005 Beaver Monterey and was wondering if anyone has experienced any popping in their speakers.
It just started happening and is very random.  It appears to be when switching from shore power back to battery power as well as other random times.
I have been trying to trouble shoot and have tightened all battery terminals as well as trying to track down any shorts in the wires.
It is happening even when the stereo is turned off so I am thinking it is not related to the stereo.
I appreciate any feedback.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 03:35:03 PM by Gerald Farris »

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
Re: Popping in speakers
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 12:28:31 AM »
If you are referring to surround sound speakers I would try unplugging the receiver for those speakers first. If the popping is gone you may need a new receiver.
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9

Edward Buker

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 02:12:36 PM »
Robert,

It appears like the amplifier portion of the receiver is staying on and possibly amplifying any electrical noise it sees in the switch over from one Ac source to another. I am wondering if the receiver is really off. Something is likely changed about the receiver operation and not the coach. If the volume is higher or you are getting audio input from a source that has lost the ground you can get this. If you have external RCA type plugs providing input to the receiver pull and push those connections on and off a couple of times to shear any oxidation.

Later Ed

Robert Griffin

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 03:13:03 AM »
Thanks for your response.  I will be tearing into it this week.  I have another receiver that i'm going to replace it with just to see if it is just a bad (stock) receiver.  Thanks again, Chief

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 03:42:37 AM »
Robert,
I had a similar problem with the Bose system in our Marquis. Traced it down to a bad outside speaker. Not sure why it popped on all the speakers. I found it by disconnecting each speaker set at the amp and then creating the conditions for the popping to occur. Might be easier than replacing the complete amp if it is a speaker problem.
Steve
Steve
Coachless
2015- 6/24  07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp