Author Topic: SMC Era Bedroom Slide and Zantrex Prosine Inverter Observations  (Read 2260 times)

Dick Simonis

Well, I'm in the process of wrapping up my annual visit to BCS and ran accross a couple of interesting tidbits that I thought I would pass along just in case they could affect anyone else.

First was my bedroom slide.  It started to behave oddly in that as it went out it would twist and made a rubbing noise.  When the dug into it they found that the bushings on the shaft were both shot and needed to be replaced.  Of course the shaft can not be removed but Jeremy and Sean found spit bushing of the correct size and BCS is not going to have these in stock.  The second item they found was that the motor brake was lying on the floor instead of being attached to the motor.  Once it was attached we quickly found out that the slide would not operate...just went "Click" so we once again disconnected it and all is well.  Since we have been driving the coach for two years now and 10,000 miles without incident I'm seriously questioning the value of the brake and am going to leave it disconnected at least for the time being.

The second interesting issue was with the Prosine Inverter.  I had noticed that there wasn't a battery temp sensor attached to the batteries but they was one connected to the inverter and the remote did indeed register a temperature but of what we don't know.  Jeremy traced the wires up to a frame rail where it headed forward...a bit odd.  Just as a double check Jeremy looked at another 2002 Marquis in the next bay and lo and behold...same thing.  Since I consider the battery temp monitor essential for the health of the batteries I just had a new one installed.

Just another day in the saga of Beaver maintenance.  Hope this info will be of use to others.

Dick