Author Topic: 2000 Patriot jacking Points  (Read 2994 times)

Marty Bailey

• BAC Member
2000 Patriot jacking Points
« on: June 24, 2016, 03:56:49 PM »
I need to jack my 2000 Patriot to take the wheels off for maintenance.  I have the jack and supporting tools. Is there a identified place to put the floor jack fro the front and in the rear?

Marty
2000 Patriot

Gerald Farris

Re: 2000 Patriot jacking Points
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 10:53:33 PM »
Marty,
Very few floor jacks will life a coach. You will need to use a bottle jack, preferably one rated at 15 tons or more. The correct location to place the jack is under the axle just below where it attaches to the suspension sub-frame, and of course, safety stands are highly recommended.

The only way to lift an axle to remove a wheel with the average floor jack is to support the coach with the hydraulic leveling jacks and then completely deflate the suspension. This will leave very little weight on the axle and make jacking very easy. However, this can be an unsafe practice, so only use this method if no other option exist and be sure to use jack stands to the frame.

Gerald

Marty Bailey

• BAC Member
Re: 2000 Patriot jacking Points
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 11:36:07 PM »
Cool Beans thanks. I did use a bottle jack and place it on the frame next to the front ax. Worked great I used the 78 ratio torque multiplier Lug Wrench for the first time and work as advertised a must if you are going to removed your own wheels. I am replacing the fuel filler hose. I had a set back though when I went to get the hose I bought in Jan I took a closer look at it and it was already dry rotted. Got with the company and they are sending a replacement out. It was 1.71 an inch. I am going to use the hard 2" inch (HARDWALL) RUBBER FUEL FILLER NECK HOSE (Per Inch)

SKU:
D200H

Marty
2000 Patriot