Author Topic: AUX air comp. running every few mins for just a second or two  (Read 3279 times)

Ryan Sneller

Hey Guys, my coach has developed a problem where the little 12v comp. runs every few minutes for just a second. I have read on other sites that it could be a misplaced check valve on the tank from the factory to a 12v pressure switch problem on the T that comes off the pump. Neither sound to difficult to change as i found the pump last night right behind the front axle and sure enough there is a 12v switch on a T on the pump. I have ordered a new one off amazon, however if that don't fix it the perplexing thing and the purpose of this post is that the small airline from that T heads straight up from the pump and into a whole mess of wires that looks like they head to the rear and not to the front tank that is a foot away. all the hoses on the tank go to stuff and are mostly larger lines. From the google searching i've done they describe that it should just go right over and hook to the tank where this problem check valve could be. Mine doesn't look like that at all. Just hoping someone else has had this problem or knows the fix!

Thanks,

Ryan

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: AUX air comp. running every few mins for just a second or two
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 02:18:33 AM »
Ryan,
Sounds like it could be the compressor for air leveling. Check for a leak at the air solenoids front and rear with soapy water. Be sure to block coach up to prevent it dropping if you inadvertently deflate a bag.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp