Author Topic: No AC Power in  (Read 3495 times)

Jim Shaw

No AC Power in
« on: June 28, 2016, 08:48:18 PM »
I have a 2003. Monterey. Came home today and the generator was running. I do have auto gen start. I have a XANTREX Inverter charger.
I checked the remote and it indicated the batteries were down to 10volts and I have no AC power coming in. I have 50amp so checked my breaker and it was OK. Next I checked the connection for the incoming power and it looked good. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and heard the usual thump when the inverter comes on. Checked inside and nothing. I have checked all my circuit breakers and all were on and seem good. I still reset them had no luck. Just hand a knee replacement last week and can't get around very well yet. Any ideas as where to start will be helpful.
Jim Shaw
2003 Beaver Monterey
336-269-1136

Karl Welhart

• BAC Member
Re: No AC Power in
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 09:05:05 PM »
Turn everything off and unplug from your AC shore power source.  Find the transfer switch box and take the cover off (there may be two box that look the same).  Check to make sure all wires are connected tightly and make sure none have come out of place.

Next, leave the cover off the box (if you are not confident, do not do this next step), turn the AC shore source on and check the incoming line for power.  If none, try it with the generator on.  If none from the generator check the circuit breaker on the top of the generator itself.  Also, check the circuit breakers on the inverter.

Good luck,
Karl and Nancy Welhart, F36017
2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP (2014-current)
2002 Patriot (2002-2014)
1997 Monterey (1997-2002)
Niceville, Florida

Jim Shaw

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 10:23:51 PM »

Thanks Karl I will try this tomorrow.

Jim Shaw

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 12:10:37 AM »
OK after several sleepless night and a lot of checking nothing helped. I finally called Zantrex and talked about an hour talking to a very nice man, it's fixed. It turned out to be very simple as a lot of repairs do. I had the inverter replaced a couple of years ago and due to the size of it they had to mound it sideways and because of this it was impossible to see a reset switch which if mounted properly  it would have been right in front of me, as it was I could only feel it with my finger. After resetting it everything works great. Many thanks to Xantrex for their patience and help. If you have a problem and are not sure hopefully yous reset is not hidden.
Thanks
Jim