Author Topic: BAC plaque  (Read 8325 times)

Doug Allman

BAC plaque
« on: July 11, 2016, 12:52:28 PM »
Does anyone know if they make a BAC plaque like the FMCA plaque.

Seems that when my son took coach to Florida and stayed in rented house they backed coach to park it under house built on stilts but his helper did not recognize the dip at the curb that tilted the ladder just enough to hit and reshape it. Never has stayed snug or looked just right since. When I had it off to try to help its shape I liked the look of it gone.

So I am removing the ladder and want to cover the bracket holes. I have ordered some 1/8" black plastic to make a slightly larger oval like the FMCA plaque to cover the holes then monunt the FMCA plaque to it. Going to put BAC on top set of holes and FMCA on lower set if I can get one. Cover bottom bumper ladder holes with color coordinated ss screws.

Gerald Farris

Re: BAC plaque
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 01:33:36 PM »
Doug,
Chuck Rendall had a supply of the Beaver plaques. The club ordered a production run of them from the same manufacturer that makes the FMCA plaques, Kiley Mold Company. Contact Chuck, his information is in Beaver Tales under how to order dress badges, and if he is sold out, Kiley Mold may make one for you.

Gerald

Doug Allman

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 12:19:48 PM »
Gerald,
Chuck still has some and he is getting me one. Thank You.

Doug Allman

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 02:12:06 PM »
Received the Beaver Ambassador Club plaque from Chuck and although it is the same size as the FMCA plaque it is much nicer than the FMCA plaque as it is in gold not the white lettering. Considering getting another one to cover up the not so nice beaver logo Monaco put on the upper front drivers corner of our coach. It is a very nice plaque in the gold and black.

Dan Murphy

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 05:35:05 PM »
Doug
You may want to make sure you put some UV protectorate on your new plaque before you mount and keep it protected. Our plaque has been on the coach 2 yrs and it was well worn and the gold had faded. I bought some gold paint and brought it back to life but maybe you can avoid that if you treat it first.

Doug Allman

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 12:43:21 PM »
Dan, Appreciate your input and I found some here locally and will treat.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 05:52:49 PM »
Doug,
The gold lettering that Kiley Mold Company (same company that makes the FMCA plaques) used in making the BAC plaques is very prone to fading to a silver color in less than 6 months. The problem was addressed with the manufacturer, but they could not address it with their current manufacturing process. Hopefully a UV protectant will slow or stop the fading.

Gerald

Doug Allman

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 06:58:17 PM »
That will not be bad as I have both gold and silver tones on our coach, but really like the gold when it arrived. I am going to try the uv protectorant and see if it helps.