Author Topic: Funky bedroom slide  (Read 3834 times)

Lawrence Tarnoff

Funky bedroom slide
« on: July 17, 2016, 10:59:51 PM »
Slide refused to extend when we arrived at camp today.  No sound at all from motor.  Manual says coach power switch must be on.  Checked affirmative and still no go.  Decided to cycle the switch and voila the slide extended.  Gremlins?

Larry

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Funky bedroom slide
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 11:13:24 PM »
Larry,
I'd check following in this order;  Intermittent switch, Bad connection to switch or switch pigtail if yours has one (needed to change  wire size from switch to motor), Motor brake (faulty or not getting 12+ volts).
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 03:52:05 AM »
You said, "Manual says coach power switch must be on.  Checked affirmative and still no go.  Decided to cycle the switch and voila the slide extended."

Which coach power switch are you referring to - the salesman's switch at the front door, or the coach battery disconnect, or...?

When we had our bedroom slide suddenly become inoperable while in Houston last Fall, the wires had become disconnected from one of the slide's limit switches... which breaks continuity to the whole slide-electrical system.  I doubt that's your problem, but I wanted to throw it in to think about.  The wires did not appear to be loose until we tugged on them.  You could have a loose wire at your "coach power switch" or elsewhere in the circuit.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 01:39:26 PM »
Lawrence,

There can be multiple causes but this is a link to the info and repair related to the electric brake issue I had. It was an intermittent issue that at some point declared itself and would then not work. That allowed me to find the cause. I could overcome this for quite awhile with multiple pushes of the slide button and thought it was strictly and electrical issue which it was not.

http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,2581.msg19287.html#msg19287

Later Ed

Lawrence Tarnoff

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 03:23:15 PM »
David ... The "coach power" switch I referenced is the switch adjacent to the entrance door which I believe most refer to as the salesman's switch.

BTW, the slide came in without issue, mostly because I started our departure work two hours early in order to leave plenty of time to bring it in manually if necessary.