Author Topic: Marquis dining fixture replacement  (Read 9710 times)

Roy Lewis

Marquis dining fixture replacement
« on: July 21, 2016, 05:15:45 PM »
Hi, we have a 02 Marquis Tourmaline. We have done a small amount of freshening in coach and we were thinking about replacing the Brass Light fixture over dining table, or as we refer to it as "The Cooker"LOL. Has anyone done this and if so how hard was it finding a appropriate fixture?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 11:47:27 PM by Glenda Farris Co-Admin »

Doug Allman

Re: marquis dining fixture replacement
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 07:33:20 PM »
We had all our brass fixtures replated by a local metal shop that makes custom signs and electrical plates etc. The owner even used an old used vanity light to get the new style globe attachments as our old one was for globes of a much smaller hole diameter. We then bought new shades at Lowes and new led bulbs. We live up in Traverse City Michigan and his shop is in Empire about 35 miles from us.

Metal Roots  metalrootscw@gmail.com  steelappeal.com  Curtis Warnes 231-326-6116

We looked far and wide to find new lights but none had the design that would cover the old surface so we resorted to having all reworked and then used led bulbs. We are very pleased we did. Initially we were going to have him make us all new but he suggested using old and putting his finish on them.

I can get you pictures and his info if you like. He basically does one finish where he grinds off the old plating and applies his. We are taking our stair hand rail and several other pieces we still have to him to refinish now that we see what he can do so well.

Doug Allman

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 07:45:55 PM »
When you look at website it appears finish is quite bright brassy. In actuality it is darker than that more of a mid brown bronze.

Roy Lewis

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 03:23:21 AM »
We ended up replacing our rails with a larger diameter acrylic and like the look. I dont mind the brass light except for the heat. I converted all 27 puck lights to LED and love it, power use way way down and coach brighter!

Gerald Farris

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 04:45:08 PM »
Roy,
I replaced the chandelier base bulbs in that fixture with LED bulbs from Costco. They give a bright white light, they are dimmable, use very little electricity, and best of all they give off no heat.

Gerald
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 11:48:46 PM by Glenda Farris Co-Admin »

Roy Lewis

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 02:22:00 AM »
Hi Gerald, bought the bulbs you suggested at Costco and they look great and no heat.