Author Topic: Norcold - Class Action Settlement  (Read 6633 times)

Darrell Terry

• BAC Member
Norcold - Class Action Settlement
« on: July 31, 2016, 04:06:08 PM »
BAC,
If you own or have owned a Norcold 1200 refrigerator you can participate in the Norcold Class Action Settlement.
Please see information below;
Darrell Terry

Dear Claimant in Norcold Class Action Settlement,

We are in receipt of the claim(s) that you submitted and are currently processing it.

On September 16, 2016, the Court will have a fairness hearing to determine whether or not the settlement should be granted final approval.  The claims period in which class members may continue to submit claims extends through the August 26, 2016 deadline.   We hope to secure as many valid claims from class members as possible before the deadline.

Please feel free to remind any other current or former RV owners (with a qualifying Norcold refrigerator or cooling unit) that they can submit a claim on the settlement website at www.NorcoldClassAction.com before the August 26, 2016 deadline.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Class Counsel at norcold@zimmreed.com or the Claims Administrator at norcoldclassaction@kccllc.com.

Sincerely,

Norcold Settlement Claims Administrator

2004 Monterey
350 Cummins ISC
The following users thanked this post: Bryan Schmidt, Stan Simpson

Michael Hannan

Re: Norcold - Class Action Settlement
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 05:40:07 AM »
In the list of persons not eligible to claim are those who purchased the units used.  I guess this includes those of us who purchased our coaches used.

MJ

Darrell Terry

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 01:32:10 PM »
Michael,
 I purchased our 2004 Monterey in 2010 and they have accepted our claim. I believe that refers to having purchased a used refrigerator to replace
the refrigerator that was originally installed in your coach.
Darrell
2004 Monterey
350 Cummins ISC

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 03:47:42 PM »
I have submitted a claim, and it was accepted.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

William Harmon

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 04:57:38 PM »
What 11 digits did you enter from your claim number?  When I enter the first 11 digits, I get a notation "claim number not in database"  What is the correct way to enter this?
Thanks, William

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 05:08:46 PM »
I marked the circle (was it?) that said I did not have a claim number.  It was a couple days ago, so perhaps I am not remembering the details accurately.  But right now I seem to remember there was a couple entries where you were to select from several choices.  Anyways, I am not the original owner, only the current owner and do not have a claim number, and the claim submission process accepted me as a claimant.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

William Jordan

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 07:34:59 PM »
The form I filled out ( before I got the claim number ) wanted the model and serial number of the fridge and several choices on if I owned it currently or owned it in the past and /or had repair costs
They responded by mail and email with a "valid claim number" and number of "credits " that applied .. Owning currently was worth the most credits ...25  " up to" 1700.00 , which I'll believe when I cash it but who knows. Most of the things result in no money for the claimants and a bunch for the lawyers
The following users thanked this post: Stan Simpson