Author Topic: ceiling fan in shower area  (Read 4262 times)

Vern Bauch

ceiling fan in shower area
« on: August 16, 2016, 04:03:48 AM »
I have a fantastic fan 2000 bt in the hall area by the shower
it turns on when the heat is warm but it opens slightly and then closes and turns off
this happens 5 times a day, we have turned the switch off, polled the auto to manual and turned the dial to the hottest setting but it still has a mind of its own
it works fine when using the wall on/off switch,any ideas?
Probably does not matter but it is a 2006 marquis
if i turn the ceiling on/off on the fan itself it will not spin but the motor will run until it burns out
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 04:07:54 AM by Vern Bauch »

Gerald Farris

Re: ceiling fan in shower area
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 03:02:02 PM »
Vern,
It sounds like you have a circuit board problem in your fan. My suggestion would be to call technical support at Fantastic Fan. They can help you determine exactly what parts are needed an ship them to you with installation instructions.

Gerald

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 04:37:19 PM »
Many of us complain about the repetitious opening and closing.  Stagnant air around the thermo sensor in the fan kicks the unit on at a prescribed heat level, which is fine;  but then the resulting moving air kinda acts like "wind chill" on that sensor, and it cools and activates the switch that closes the fan, sometimes within seconds of it fully opening.  The thermo subsequently warms again because the interior of the coach never had time to vent, and the vicious cycle repeats.  It would probably be more optimal to either have a sensor with a wider on/off range or one placed less exposed to the full and direct air flow.

That said, take Gerald's advice and contact the company.  I understand that they've changed ownership over the years and I guess don't forthcome with free parts out of warranty like they used to, but are still customer conscious, have encountered this complaint before, and likely have created a resolution.  They should be able to help.

-Joel
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 04:39:03 PM by Joel Ashley »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 05:17:08 PM »
This may help if it is the heat/cool scenario that this design suffers from. You can wire out the temperature sensor/control. I did that mod and like the fan much better without the open and close circus mode....

http://beaveramb.org/forum/index.php/topic,2572.msg19267.html#msg19267

We also changed out the living area unit for one with a remote control. That one has been great. Still has the rain sensor but adds manual remote speed and or temp control from the remote with more speed options. My wife can reach the remote but not the fan controls on the original ceiling unit....no circus mode in this design either.

Later Ed