Author Topic: Alladin Sensor Wiring  (Read 3991 times)

Dennis Belfils

Alladin Sensor Wiring
« on: August 21, 2016, 09:09:15 PM »
Have just finished replacing Gray & Fresh water tank sensors. Gray recalibrated OK, but the Fresh still reads 1023 Raw, full or empty. Previous owner/repairman spliced in a new connector at the sensor. I am suspecting a bad cable. Question is, "Are these cables a standard telephone line that are readily available most places? Can the gray & fresh be swapped to confirm bad cable?" Have located interface module.

Edward Buker

Re: Alladin Sensor Wiring
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 02:18:40 AM »
Dennis,

If they look the same, then I see no reason to not swap them to conform the diagnosis. Many times depending on how the cable was made you can see the wire color code for each of the connector pins and compare the two cables.
Could be an ethernet connector or a phone connector at the cable end depending on the number of contacts. There are kits available with the crimper and new end connectors as well as cable testers. If the cable is defective you could try putting a new set of end connectors on it. More than likely it is not the wire itself. If it is a contact issue sometimes an old typewriter eraser, the pencil sharpened versions, can scrub the contactor some and a little contact cleaner spray may also help.

https://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-Network-Cable-Tester-TC-NT2/dp/B0000AZK08

Later Ed
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 02:32:08 AM by Edward Buker »

Dennis Belfils

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 06:21:58 PM »
Thanx for the input Ed. Decided not to swap wires. Instead ran a temporary 4 wire phone cable directly from module to the new sensor. No change. Still reads 1023 empty raw & 464 full. Module? Any ideas?

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 05:32:50 AM »
Dennis,

You have to assume that the sensor and cable are good seeing those have been replaced. If the circuit boards and the sensors type are the same (Should be a PN on the board), I would plug the fresh water sensor cable into the grey water circuit board and see if it works. If so, you would go on a hunt for a new board. If BCS or Monaco can't help then you would have to look for a coach being parted out. Never easy...

Later Ed

Dennis Belfils

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 05:04:15 PM »
Yeah, I thought of that & will try. The sensors plug into a module that Black, Gray, Fresh & LP tie into. Did a short check on-line for replacement modules, & used they are selling for 300-400. Yikes. Won't be getting one of those, will just do the look & see method as the fresh water level is easily visible in the bay.