Author Topic: Carpet and Tile replacement?  (Read 4174 times)

paulmatasso

Carpet and Tile replacement?
« on: August 26, 2016, 06:18:04 PM »
I was curious if anyone has replaced the center carpet with tile? I own an 06 patriot thunder and there is tile in the entry and bathroom. I am looking at having that pulled out as well as the carpet that runs down the center of the coach. I will leave the carpet on the two front slide outs. I have a very good tile guy that is willing an ready to do the job just curious if anyone has done it and if there are any suggestions and or pitfalls I should avoid.

I look forward to hearing from anyone,

Paul

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Carpet and Tile replacement?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 09:41:05 PM »
Paul,
We didn't have carpet installed when we ordered the coach.  Had tile from bedroom to front with carpet on the slides.  A few cracks (5) over the years (12). 
Roy Warren
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

Edward Buker

Re: Carpet and Tile replacement?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 11:22:33 PM »
Paul,

I know that there was a period of time with issues of tile cracking and grout that could not tolerate the flexing and travel rigors of RVs. When I visited the Beaver factory I asked and it was discussed, but I cannot remember the materials that they went to, that for the most part solved the problems. Not sure if what is left of Monaco would have that information, you could try.  BCS would more than likely provide information on what they use.

There are vinyl tiles now and vinyl wood flooring that are quite convincing. Seems that would eliminate any cracking question if you found what you liked in that material.

Later Ed

« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 01:05:06 PM by Edward Buker »