Author Topic: Carefree not so Care Free?  (Read 3006 times)

D. Wendal Attig

Carefree not so Care Free?
« on: August 26, 2016, 06:37:20 PM »
The main awning on our 2002 Monticello was working fine, but I noticed in the last few extensions that when the arms are fully extended, (It does seem like the arms are extended further than normal) that the awning kind of drapes itself over them. With any strong breeze, this awning fluctuates up and down considerably rather than remain taut, and concerns me to a point that I retract it. My question is whether there is an adjustment I can make to the amount of fabric (thus tension) that remains on the roll? Is there another solution?

P.S. The hand crank did not come with my coach, is there a DIY solution?

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Carefree not so Care Free?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 04:44:19 AM »
Not sure but maybe you can find the answer in one of Carefree docs.  https://www.e-carefree.com/ecarefree30/product-library
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Gerald Farris

Re: Carefree not so Care Free?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 09:18:26 PM »
D,
The 2002 Patriot did not come with a Carefree patio awning. It should have a Girard awning for the main or patio awning, and Carefree window awnings. If so, the awning fabric is tensioned by the springs in each arm. If the fabric is unevenly stretched out, you may need to replace the fabric or add tape to the roller to even the fabric length. However, if you have a broken arm spring, it will need to be replaced. Most likely, you just need to have the fourteen year old awning fabric replaced, but you should have it accessed by someone who knows how to repair your awning.

Gerald
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 11:51:00 PM by Glenda Farris Co-Admin »