Author Topic: Bay light switch  (Read 2319 times)

Jeff Watt

Bay light switch
« on: August 27, 2016, 02:24:58 AM »
While working and sorting things out in the bay's I had switched the bay lights on. Well to my surprise when I went to turn them off, nothing happened.

Of course none of the lights have switches on them so I couldn't turn them off. And, despite my some what anxious searching, I could not find a fuse to pull; not saying there isn't one but I didn't see it in either the bedroom closet or the driver bay fuse locations.

So, I pulled the panel off with the switch and it was pretty obvious as soon as I did that the switch is the problem as the lights went out when I moved a hot (literally and figuratively) wire. I just pulled the hot wire off of the switch and that killed the lights.

My questions are:

does anyone know if a fuse (assuming there is one) is tied with somethings else? I have a electrical schematic and will need to go through it tomorrow.
Are these switches readily availlable?
And, if it became serious would there be a fuse or breaker that would prevent overload, I.e fuse blows?

Somewhat of a concern as if these lights had been turned off with the doors closed, I wouldn't have known the lights were on as the light on the switch was out indicating they were off.

Jeff