Author Topic: wiring the Aladdin to the living room TV...how to?  (Read 4342 times)

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
wiring the Aladdin to the living room TV...how to?
« on: August 28, 2016, 06:23:02 PM »
Since the time of purchase, our Aladdin has only displayed on the mini-Sony display next to the instrument panel. When it comes on, there is a notice "the auxiliary display is disabled when the ignition is on", which leads me to believe the auxiliary display is the overhead TV. There is a separate joy stick on the side of the kitchen sink cabinet. I assume it's to operate the overhead display when we are parked.

When we are in a campsite, the only way to check tank levels, etc. is to lift up the front curtain (which always unhooks some of the runners for the slide) and turn on the Aladdin from the driver's seat. Of course, I could go outside and look at the gauges in the water bay, but who wants to do that when one is "glamping"?  8)

Taking the back off the TV cabinet in order to work on TV connections is a pain. I think I recall an un-used cable coming from the cabinet above the driver's side window to the area behind the TV. Could this be a connection to the "auxiliary display"?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
Re: wiring the Aladdin to the living room TV...how to?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 01:13:32 AM »
We have the same coach so I'm sure you noticed that the joy stick at the kitchen counter also works the dash Aladdin screen. If you have the original tv you should be able to scroll thru the tv input as long as the dash Aladdin screen is on. Before we had MCD shades I would lay the curtain on the dash above the Aladdin screen because I was to lazy to turn on the tv and change the input of tv. Hope to see you at the Back to future  international rally in Oregon.
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9
The following users thanked this post: Stan Simpson

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 01:50:27 AM »
We have the same coach so I'm sure you noticed that the joy stick at the kitchen counter also works the dash Aladdin screen. If you have the original tv you should be able to scroll thru the tv input as long as the dash Aladdin screen is on. Before we had MCD shades I would lay the curtain on the dash above the Aladdin screen because I was to lazy to turn on the tv and change the input of tv. Hope to see you at the Back to future  international rally in Oregon.

When we bought the Beav, the original boat anchor had been replaced by a HD flat screen. I know, because I connected the over-the-air, and the DirecTV cables to the inputs on the back of the TV when we changed those. The DTV is HDMI, and the OTA is a cable. I'm going to have to get in to the back of the TV again. Thanks for the response, Jim. Say hello to Natasha for us.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 03:41:35 AM »
The RCA cable connections you may have missed when you were behind the tv should be coming from the driver's side windshield post. Natasha says hi!
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9