Author Topic: StarLight SL 1000 Motion Detecting Porch Light  (Read 4359 times)

Jerald Cate

StarLight SL 1000 Motion Detecting Porch Light
« on: September 19, 2016, 03:16:53 AM »
I recently noticed the lenses covering the sensors on my porch light had disintegrated.  After doing a little online search for replacement lenses I came across the below information on another forum.  Apparently this information was in the Starlight newsletter called Morning Star.  I just sent an email requesting replacement lenses but thought I'd pass the info along in case anyone else experienced this problem.

StarLights product alert.
Dear friends. Recently we have experienced an abnormally high rate of failure with respect to the small lenses that cover the PIR sensor on either side of the Smart Light 1000. We traced the failures back to a container we received a little over 2 years ago. The problem we found was that the plastics factory did not follow our formula, and consequently there was not enough UV additive in the plastics. Thus, the sun "ate" the lenses and caused them to crumble. While there is no risk of damage to the internal workings of the Smart Light, a missing lens will cause the unit to function improperly.

We have checked all inventory and verified that none of the fixtures on hand have this issue. However, there are many in the field that slipped by us. If you or anyone you know has a problem with these lenses, please contact us so that we can send you complimentary replacements. So sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, but we are committed to resolving this issue for you. Thank you for your patronage. Happy Camping!

contact@starlightsinc.com
Phone: (800) 883-5444 • (805) 685-8500
The following users thanked this post: Bob Stone