Author Topic: Help identify part in front tv cabinet  (Read 4194 times)

Mike Wild

Help identify part in front tv cabinet
« on: September 25, 2016, 06:47:04 PM »
Hi All,

Driving home from a tailgate Saturday and started getting a loud vibration/noise above the driver's seat. Pulled the tv this morning and there is a cylinder-shaped part about 12 inches long that is vibrating on the wood. If I lift up on it the noise stops. I am going to put a shim under it and hope that will work. My question, though, is does anyone know what this part is?

Fred Brooks

• BAC Member
  • RVIA Certified Luxury Technician 49 years, Retired
Re: Help identify part in front tv cabinet
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 06:58:35 PM »
     Hi Mike, When I removed my original crt television, there was nothing there that resembled a cylinder. Can you post a picture because you really have my curiosity up, Fred
Fred & Cindy Brooks
2000 Marquis, Jasper
C-12 Wild Cat (U of A)
2014 Honda CRV
Proverbs 3: 5 & 6

Mike Wild

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 02:40:15 AM »
Mystery solved - it is the blower for what I assume are defroster vents.

If the club has not appointed a Dunce of the Year I will place my name in nomination.

Mike

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 03:42:02 AM »
Mike,
I think it's the blower that circulates air in front of the windshield. If I remember correctly, the control is a rotary knob on the lower left of the dash. I found it very effective in circulating cool air when driving with the house AC on.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Mike Wild

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 06:49:09 PM »
Here is a picture for future reference. Steve, you are correct on all fronts!

Mike

Larry Fritz

• BAC Member
  • 98 Patriot Ticonderoga - 37' Blue/White, 3126B CAT
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 12:21:06 AM »
Steve Huber is right on!  I use mine a lot. Always use it for A/C and often for defrosting and windshield fogging over on the inside.

The one thing I have found is that you are far more comfortable in the drivers seat on the highway with that running as it tends to keep a more uniform temperature (heat or cool) on the driver.

Larry Fritz
Larry Fritz

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 10:19:56 AM »
We have two roof a/c's with box tunnel running front to back. At the front end of the tunnel there are 2 flex tubes going to the left and to the right . They end at the left and right corners of the windshield. That is why you are able to efficently use a/c to cool the front with the that fan on. The fan has squirrel cages on each end of the motor and has 4 tubes exiting those cages to the 4 vents above the windshield. The a/c tubes do not connect to this fan as it is centered in the middle top of the windshield. In the winter when your heat rises it can help circulate the warm air across the windshield making the defrost vents blowing up onto the glass more efficient. Cool or warm idea if I remember to turn it on. :)
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9
The following users thanked this post: Bob Stone, LaMonte Monnell