Author Topic: Recommended Satellite installer near Eugene?  (Read 8182 times)

Bruce Sieloff

Recommended Satellite installer near Eugene?
« on: September 26, 2016, 08:43:45 PM »
We are headed south and looking to have a new RF Mogul unit installed and I have searched high and low through the archives looking for the installers near Junction City/Eugene that were highly recommended. Naturally I can't find anything. Anyone have experience they can share?

Dick Simonis

Re: Recommended Satellite installer near Eugene?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 08:50:08 PM »
These guys are very good.

http://www.oregonrv.net/

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 09:08:01 PM »
Bruce,
The company that Dick recommended is a good choice, but I think that the owner Don Marr has retired from installations and only sells parts and systems. Don is very knowledgeable, and seamed very fair and honest in the two transactions that I have had with him. However, I think that he has contract installers working for him, so I would give him a call, and discuss it with him. 

Gerald

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 10:55:49 PM »
RV Sales of Oregon put a RF Mogul dish on our coach right before we bought the coach in August 2012.  I assume in-house personnel installed the dish but I think they may have had a local contractor do the final technical work because we run both the living room and bedroom TVs off the same DISH receiver which is located in the living room dash between the pilot and co-pilots' seats.  I think some special expertise is involved - like installing a special antenna just for the bedroom's remote - so that the bedroom TV's remote can "talk" to the receiver way up front in the living room.  Rich Marston, co-owner, is a former Beaver Coach salesman and still maintains a home in Bend as well as a home in Eugene.

http://www.rvsalesoforegon.com/
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 03:55:06 PM by David T. Richelderfer »
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

William Ervin

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 12:45:32 AM »
Inovative coach works(http://innovativecoachworks.com) in Junction City helped me out at the Canyonville rally with my DirecTV stuff, they are an RF Mogal dealer as well.

Phil N Barb Rodriguez

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 03:29:26 PM »
Regarding Innovative coach works, we had a terrible experience with them last year. Lots of errors, left with a potential fire hazard with our front TV when it is stored in the ceiling. The TV turns on while we are driving down the road creating much heat in the storage area. So we have to stop frequently to turn the TV off and let the ceiling cool down.

We returned to ICW this summer. The owner refused to do anything about the issues created by them.

I would run real fast the other way. Over 45 years of RVing and 5 MotorHomes we have never been treated like this until ICW appeared. They were in such a hurry to get down to Indio for their winter gig that they wouldn't spend the time to fix what was clearly not right.

The owner said to us when we appeared at his parking lot (no store front) that the coach "doesn't leave here with my name on the install if it is not right". BS

We are going to BCS in a couple weeks and Danny will straighten out this mess for us.
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley, Rick and Laura Stephens