Author Topic: CoachNet heads up  (Read 8340 times)

Bob Jae

CoachNet heads up
« on: October 05, 2016, 07:53:44 PM »
CoachNet's Motorized Plan went from $159 up to $249.  It appears they are no longer offering the lower priced, limited benefit plans they used to have.  I did not see anything published that the price was increasing.  I renewed last March for 3 years at $142 a year.
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
Re: CoachNet heads up
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 12:24:52 AM »
I just renewed in September, the Premier Coach plan, for $149...

As info.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 02:05:21 AM »
Not sure where the numbers you got came from exactly, Bob, but via our Overland Insurance agent it's $100 if I were to subscibe year by year.  Their best option is 5 years for $380, which is $365 cheaper than even Stan's price.  FMCA used to have a discount as well, which is what we originally had, but the best deal was via Overland when we bailed on the old troublesome GMAC policy several years ago.

The only hassle was Coach-Net had to change our membership number because the numbers are coded to the particular discounting pervayer.  Our original member # via FMCA matched our coach's factory ID, and I had it memorized.  The new number via Overland was totally different and longer, but C-Net refused to let us keep the old #, and we technically lost 7 years of member loyalty, but oh well.  I still can't remember the new number, but at $76/yr. vs your $249 I'll survive ;).  Check into Overland, a BAC sponsor;  ask for Ron Jarvie.

According to their ads in FMC magazine, FMCA has its own roadside service now, and probably doesn't offer Coach-Net, I dunno.

Just sayin'... there are options.

-Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat
The following users thanked this post: Stan Simpson

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 10:47:26 PM »
Joel,
Is that price good even if you don't have insurance through Overland
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 12:21:13 AM »
No. 

Many pervayors of RV-related products or publishers, and other venues such as RV organizations or insurance companies and agencies make arrangements to offer discounts on services like Coach-Net.  You used to be able to get that via FMCA much cheaper than through Coach-Net itself. 

Overland agency, as many do, represents multiple insurance companies, some of which may offer breakdown services as policy options;  but I believe Overland offers Coach-net as an available option to all its RV customers.  Of the offers I've seen, it's was the best deal, as was their insurance when I was getting quotes from a number of agencies back when.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 12:38:38 AM »
I purchased 5 years  of Roadside Emergency coverage this year via Overland for less than $400.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Bob Jae

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 03:12:40 AM »
The prices I quoted were from the CoachNet website and went into effect Oct 1st.

Jerald Cate

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2016, 02:20:21 AM »
The Coach-Net website does show the Premier price for a coach as $249.  However, I just logged into my Coach-Net account and renewed for $149.  Don't know how long that will last before they change it.

Bruce

Joel Weiss

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2016, 04:03:12 AM »
  You used to be able to get that via FMCA much cheaper than through Coach-Net itself. 

These days FMCA doesn't use Coachnet and the service they do use does not provide any benefit if you need a mechanic dispatched to you (they arrange for it but don't pay).  Every time I've used Coachnet it has been to have a mechanic sent; in both cases Coachnet paid for the service call and mileage charges--I paid for labor time and parts.   It was nice to have Coachnet; if they raise the price of a renewal I will pay it.

BTW I was just able to renew my Basic coverage on the Coach-net website for the same $79 as last year even though it appears that new members can't sign up for it.  The Basic coverage has been all that I have needed (my toad has road service coverage through Blue Sky).
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 04:10:02 AM by Joel Weiss »