Author Topic: Halogen puck light LED direct replacement unit  (Read 26183 times)

Doug Allman

Halogen puck light LED direct replacement unit
« on: October 21, 2016, 01:03:17 AM »
We, Roy Boles and I, have purchased the remaining inventory of 3" LED lights from a supplier that is discontinuing this model.

These 16 led 3500k units with an opaque glass lens are the same as the coach manufacturers have been installing. They are a direct replacement for the Halogen Puck lights and use same wiring. They are dimmable. Produce 90% lees heat than the Halogens and use just .6 amps.           The light in your coach will be extremely better.

Come with spring clips to hold in same hole as halogen puck lights or you can remove clips and use 3 screws to retain. In the past 3 years numerous ones of us have replaced our Coach lights with these, to date over 1500 have been changed without any problems.

Cost is $8.00 ea. plus shipping of $14.00 for up to 40 units in prepaid US mail box. If you are coming to Quartzsite rally we will change out for $5.00 each.

We may be able to get some 4" units but supply is limited.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 01:52:50 PM by Steve Huber Co-Admin »

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
Re: Halogen puck light LED direct replacement unit
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2016, 04:37:54 AM »
I would certainly like to buy some. I replaced all of the ceiling "edge lights" with those, choosing to screw them like the old ones. I have been looking all over for more.

I think I got them from a place in Florida. Anyway, please email me pictures so I can compare. Also, make and model # would be helpful. My email is in the BAC directory.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 12:34:17 PM »
We, Roy Boles and I, have purchased the remaining inventory of 3" LED lights from a supplier that is discontinuing this model.

These 16 led 3500k units with an opaque glass lens are the same as the coach manufacturers have been installing. They are a direct replacement for the Halogen Puck lights and use same wiring. They are dimmable. Produce 90% lees heat than the Halogens and use just .6 amps.           The light in your coach will be extremely better.

Come with spring clips to hold in same hole as halogen puck lights or you can remove clips and use 3 screws to retain. In the past 3 years numerous ones of us have replaced our Coach lights with these, to date over 1500 have been changed without any problems.

Cost is $8.00 ea. plus shipping of $14.00 for up to 40 units in prepaid US mail box. If you are coming to Quartzsite rally we will change out for $5.00 each.

Send me a pic of those lights Doug: lamontemonnell@gmail.com    thanks!

Send me a pic

As soon as I figure out how to post picture I will. Until then I can send you picture via email.
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 01:55:05 PM »
Pictures added to initial post.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Doug Allman

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 02:45:57 PM »
Thank You Steve.
Lamonte and Stan, pictures are now in original post. We have only the 3" (small size) however the 4" may still be available in a limited quantity.
The following users thanked this post: Stan Simpson

Dennis Belfils

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 03:57:36 PM »
Doug, when & where will you be in QZ?

Doug Allman

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2016, 06:40:21 PM »
At the Quartzsite rally in Jan 17 thru 21. 
We will get in to Yuma on Dec 21 to our coach and be around Yuma until we move north towards Quartzsite around Jan 10th. Will also be in Quartzsite until 29th when RV tent closes. We stay in AZ until the end of March and usually around south west area of Yuma and Phoenix.

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2016, 05:14:41 PM »
Doug,

The 3" are the ones I have. Are you willing to ship them? I won't be anywhere near AZ in the foreseeable future.

Stan
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Doug Allman

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2016, 10:01:59 PM »
Stan, Definitely willing to ship them. We use the US Mail prepaid boxes as it is lowest cost and usually the middle box at $14.00. It holds up to 40 of the led lights. Only 6 fit in the smaller box.

Robert Wagner

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2016, 02:50:37 PM »
We will be in quartzite for rally we may pick some up then if someone can show me how to get exciting ones out. Yes I know they screw but can't get them out😳😳

Doug Allman

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 03:53:58 PM »
We will assist you as we have taken many out. We plan on being into Quartzsite area prior to and after rally dates. Let us know when you will be around that area.

Robert Wagner

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 11:28:39 PM »
Well we will be attending our first ralley. So will be there for that. Looking forward to it!!

Doug Allman

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2016, 11:56:47 PM »
With Quartzsite being your first rally you have picked a good one. Quartzsite was our first rally and we have come back every year since. Look forward to meeting you. We learned a tremendous amount of what it is like to be a Beaver and have numerous Beavers for friends in the US and Canada.

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2016, 01:33:14 PM »
Stan, Definitely willing to ship them. We use the US Mail prepaid boxes as it is lowest cost and usually the middle box at $14.00. It holds up to 40 of the led lights. Only 6 fit in the smaller box.

Our coach is in the shop, 75 miles from home. I plan on seeing it before Halloween, so I'll be able to count how many I need, and will send a check or whatever you'd like. Thanks.
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Jim Edwards

• BAC Member
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2016, 06:46:00 PM »
Hi Stan, I have a 05 Monterey Laguna iii and it needed 33 with a couple of spares I rounded it to 40 Look great. Jim
Jim Edwards
2005 Monterey Laguna III, 40 ft Cat C9
2007 Country Coach Affinity 45 ft Cummins 600
15 Grand Cherokee