Author Topic: Halogen puck light LED direct replacement unit  (Read 26185 times)

john brunson

Re: Halogen puck light LED direct replacement unit
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2016, 07:52:14 PM »
bought mine about a year ago from the supplier.... they are a SLAM DUNK replacement.... more light and two extra nights on the batteries ~ price on the light is good~ i would not pay $5 per light to install tho... it takes about 3 minutes per light...

Doug Allman

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2016, 09:59:49 PM »
John, I agree and we only offered that for those that may like to take up a good offer but do not want to do the install. Roy and I like our play time but thought we ought to offer a little help for those that do not or can not do it themselves. They are very easy to install.

john brunson

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2016, 07:23:24 PM »
just a little harder than changing a light bulb....  i expect that some will pay to have it done... look at what people pay to have their coach serviced!

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2016, 01:23:48 PM »
I replaced all the halogen lights in our coach about two years ago when word first came out about the oversupply of LEDs at Kaper II in Kelso, WA.  I called and ordered 75 of the 3" LEDs from Leslie Charette.  She indicated they had over-ordered and the inventory was taking up too much shelving space.  Thus, they were having a "fire sale."  I also needed to purchase some blade connectors at Home Depot because the new LEDs came with their wires bare-ended.  I only needed 57 LEDs, but ended up giving a Beaver-owner friend the others so he could change his out too.  The LEDs are a brighter and softer light than the original halogens.  Their power usage and heat are almost un-noticeable - only 1.2w compared to 10w and the lights' diffusers barely get warm. My total cost was just over $200 for 75 LED lights, shipping, and the blade connectors.  I spent three mornings changing out all 57 halogens to the LEDs.

I would rate this project as a significant and inexpensive improvement to our coach.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 04:05:59 PM by David T. Richelderfer »
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

RichardCrane

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2017, 07:04:44 PM »
Doug,
I just noticed your post on the 3" LED's. By Chance are any left? I have been trying to retrofit my Halogen puck lights with G4 base bulbs but have not had satisfying results. If you are sold out is there a supplier you know of selling similar units at a reasonable price?
Thanks much

Paul Meehan

• BAC Member
  • Travel with DW and two K9's
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2017, 11:18:12 AM »
Richard, this link may provide a source to you.  I see "G4" listed for items #21, #22 and #23.  Have no idea how their pricing compares to other sources. 

https://www.rv-partsplus.com/led-lighting
Paul and Peggy
St. Johns, Florida
2001 Patriot Ticonderoga 37' 2 Slides (2015-2019)
2014 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 (2019-Current)
2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee  Limited

William Jordan

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2017, 03:33:43 PM »
CBConcept 10-Pack, Side-Pin LED G4, 180 Lumens, 1 Watt (10W Equal), Warm White 3000K, 180° Beam Angle, Dimmable, Low Volt AC/DC 12 Volt, JC G4 Bi-Pin https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HCEME5U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_ADc3vdRkAPOur
I have replaiced all my G4 bulbs with these. There the same intensity,  same "color" yellowish warm white using the same fixture just the new led disk at a very reasonable price. None have gone out in the 9 months we've been traveling and using them

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2017, 11:17:38 PM »
Mr Jordan, I ordered the CB bulbs-they do not fit my 2005 Beaver Patriot as their diameter (1 1/4") is too big for the fixture. Nice bulbs thought. Thought others should know these may be too big for their fixtures.
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

William Jordan

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2017, 02:38:23 AM »
?? Perhaps they changed receptacle from 03 to 05 ? Not sure but those are the bulbs I ordered ( got the info from my order ) and they fit ... I'll have to check the diameter.
9 led and 1" dia
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 05:36:24 AM by William Jordan »

Bill Lampkin

• BAC Member
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2017, 05:33:48 PM »
Thought I could use the 'wafer' style LED replacements, but I may have to look at the ones that look more like the little light bulb. Oh, well...
2005 Patriot Thunder Lexington, 3 slides
40' tag axle (short wheelbase)
525 hp C13

"Goin where the weather suits my clothes..."

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2017, 06:39:14 PM »
Doug,
I just noticed your post on the 3" LED's. By Chance are any left? I have been trying to retrofit my Halogen puck lights with G4 base bulbs but have not had satisfying results. If you are sold out is there a supplier you know of selling similar units at a reasonable price?
Thanks much
I purchased the LEDs from Doug, and miscounted..forgot the 1 above the washer/dryer and the three in one of the bedroom slides. I PM'd Doug and he has more.

Perhaps if you sent him a PM..?

P.S. They are a fantastic change! Nice and bright, and no heat at all. I did 25 of them. Easy to do.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad