Author Topic: Bed Room Slide Fuse  (Read 2417 times)

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
Bed Room Slide Fuse
« on: October 31, 2016, 09:37:49 PM »
Bed room slide quit working on our way home to Florida.  I of course saw dollar signs flying out the window.  Easy fix though, the fuse in the bed room panel was bad.  It was a 20 amp fuse in a spot that was labeled on the panel as 15 amp.  Someone had scratched out 15 and wrote 20 on it.  I replaced it with a 15 and it has been working but I'm wondering if maybe it should be a 20 amp?  Or maybe a slow blow 15.  Any other experiences?  I'm inclined to just leave it as is with a 15 as labeled but always open to other options.  Thank you.
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Edward Buker

Re: Bed Room Slide Fuse
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 01:42:07 AM »
Jerry,

If you blow the 15 amp fuse then a 20 amp would be fine. The wiring will handle either of these currents without damage. Evidently someone had an issue with blowing a 15amp and went to a 20 amp fuse. Slow blow versions would also help.

You may be able to lower the physical load and therefor the electrical load (current) by assuring that the mechanical components are lubed well and that they do not bind. Sometimes the electrical or mechanical brake on the motor shaft can drag and that will increase the load or stop the slide movement all together.

Later Ed

« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 11:16:52 AM by Edward Buker »
The following users thanked this post: Jerry Emert