Author Topic: Basement Aquahot register location  (Read 5049 times)

Roy Lewis

Basement Aquahot register location
« on: November 28, 2016, 03:36:35 AM »
Hi folks, Roy Lewis here, we have a 2002 Marquis Tourmaline and have had some issues with Aquahot, mainly drips from 2 registers. I have tightened all the hose clamps to all the interior registers. I haven't investigated the basement register to check those connections. Can anyone tell me where to find that register. Many thanks in advance for your help!

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Basement Aquahot register location
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 05:05:19 AM »
Did you check the ceiling of your waste tank bay?

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Roy Lewis

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 05:50:50 AM »
I will do that tomorrow, thank you so much

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 01:54:42 AM »
Roy,
Remove the panel that covers the end of your waste tanks on the passenger's side of the coach. You will see the heat exchanger mounted above the waste tanks.

Gerald

Roy Lewis

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 05:10:34 AM »
Thank you ao much Gerald. I had loose hose clamps on inside registers and got leaks stopped there, basement register is last one to check. Thank you and all that have helpwd me since our purchase of our Marquis. I am so glad to belong to this wonderful group.

Mike Groves

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 02:26:11 PM »
Gerald,

Is that where the heat exchanger is on the 2000 Marquis?  I know in my '99 they stuck it behind the water manifold face plate.  Much better place on the other end so if they did that in 2000 it makes perfect sense.

Mike

Roy Lewis

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 08:02:10 PM »
Gerald, opened up waste tank compartment like you told me and lines were dripping, looks like previous owner had installed new rubber hoses but had never retightened clamps. 2 inside registers and basment were leaking.  Got it all dried up and not alot of anti freeze gone. Thank you again!

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 08:46:07 AM »
I'd keep a close eye on my AquaHot surge tank level for the next little while, Roy.  If multiple register connections have been dripping for any length of time, the unit may draw down the overflow supply.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Roy Lewis

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2016, 12:19:23 AM »
Thanks Joel, day 1 and so far so good. Bathroom and bedroom had just started dripping but basement register lost probably a Half gallon. 3 Costco yellow micro fiber towels and a empty coffee can and I got all soaked up. I fired up diesel burner with all the grates pulled off registers and all dry so far. Will double check tomorrow morning and top it off and put grates back on. Wife tired of it not back together but I remind her my labor is dirt cheap! LOL