Author Topic: Overland Insurance Agency  (Read 7398 times)

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
Overland Insurance Agency
« on: December 16, 2016, 05:37:00 PM »
I just now spoke with Travis at Overland Agency about my RV insurance policy thru National Interstate.

It seems that National Interstate is not going to write any more RV policies in one year or less.

He suggested that I change now to avoid any issues later, so I have changed to Safeco which is a Liberty Mutual Company. Its a bit less for coverage but only a 6 month policy vs a 12 month I had with National Interstate.

I will have to change again when our full time adventure starts in 2018 as Safeco only does policies for 150 days usage a year max.
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Bill Sprague

Re: Overland Insurance Agency
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 08:14:12 PM »
We had our Beaver with USAA for a decade.  When we bought our new little RV, USAA declined to insure it in Washington State.  In place of insuring directly, they have created a referral relationship with Progressive.

Overland was very "professional" when we asked for a quote on the new little RV 18 months ago, but the USAA/Progressive deal was so close, I chose to stay in the USAA "umbrella".

Overland is a valued BAC supporter, but insurance is still business.  If things aren't working for you with Overland, try Progressive... especially if you are part of the USAA ex military system.

Bill

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 12:27:56 AM »
We use Hartford.  We have had a couple claims with them over the years and theymworked very hard to make things right.
We looked into USAA but at the time they were not insuring any RV over 32 feet.  Seems like their policies change on who they will or wont insure.

For reasons I cant post here I dont support Progressive.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 11:14:10 PM »
We were all set to switch to Overland from Allstate had even received a binder when we got a call from Travis that Foremost refused to write the policy due to our coach being a 08 with a value of $280,000.  The next company they would write through, National General was $1,000 more per year.  After talking with many of our Beaver friends we have found we were already paying much more than they are.  We were told that some companies will not write a policy for a coach over 35 feet.  Travis also told us that Allstate doesn't write full timer policies which we will soon be once our home sells.  Allstate wants $3,800 per year and National General $4,500 a year.  Is anyone else having issues getting coverage?  We are considering going the South Dakota route for our address and giving up our Florida address once the house sells and are wondering if that might help with insurance.
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 11:26:30 PM »
Larry, We just switched over from National Interstate to Safeco which is a Liberty Mutual Company. Travis told me that National Interstate is stopping policies next year. But they are not covering full time at Safeco so won't help you any. We are going fulltime in the summer of 2018 and will have to find someone else to cover us at that time.
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl
The following users thanked this post: Larry Dedrick

Roger Rempe

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 02:47:57 PM »
We are full time RVers and have Blue Sky Insurance. Our annual premium that we paid last February was $1469. Last year it increased by about 50% from the previous. Haven't received a renewal notice yet for 2017. Hoping that it stays the same!

LEAH DRAPER

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 09:35:49 PM »
I 've had both my Beaver's insured with USAA and both have been over 32 ft.  What you are saying is news to me.   Current coach is 38 ft. and insured since new in 2008.

Bill Brown

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 04:12:27 PM »
Leah,  Curious are you still insured thru USAA or did you have to go to Progressive?  I've had USAA for more than 30 years, however they won't quote us a policy for the motorhome and refer us to Progressive.  We've had problems with lack of Progressive reps RV knowledge on claims, so will no longer do business with Progressive.

We've always had more than satisfactory service with USAA and still insure stick house and car with them.

Bill Brown
now in a 32' Country Coach  Allure. 

LEAH DRAPER

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2017, 07:34:24 PM »
BILL
Yes, Im am still insured with USAA.  I have been insured with them for both the 99 Beaver Pat. Thunder and the now 2008 Beaver Contessa.  I was really surprised to hear they didn't insure over 32 ft.  Perhaps this is something new.  I have been insured with them for various items since 1957 when I was commissioned.  I wonder if it has to do with what other items you insure with them.  I have other cars and my home with them also.   You might inquire about that.