Author Topic: Need Suggestions for a reliable Phoenix Area Shop for total exhaust system repl  (Read 3209 times)

Larry Fritz

• BAC Member
  • 98 Patriot Ticonderoga - 37' Blue/White, 3126B CAT
My 98 Patriot has 100K miles. The entire exhaust system is totally rusted and shot from the CAT 3126B Manifold on around down into muffler through muffler then more twisting to the output side of the coach. Tolerances under there are pretty critical. Everything is rusted and now useless.  I know that someone with a pit or big rv lift could replace the stuff for a lot less time.

My question: I will be in the Phoenix area a month after Quartzsite and do any of you have suggestions on where to take it?   I will be checking Massey Diesel but have no other possible ideas as this moment.

Thanks,

Larry Fritz
98 Patriot Ticonderoga, 37'
CAT 3126B with Allison 3026
Larry Fritz

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Larry,
I'd check with Tom (Masseys) first. If he can't do it he should be able to recommend a reliable alternative.  I've had Luxury RVs in Mesa (ex Beaver dealer) do some work for me and have never had a problem with them. Drew is the service manager. I'd stay away from Freightliner in Chandler based on Joe Hipp's experience with them.
Steve
Steve
Coachless
2015- 6/24  07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Dale Walker

Larry, check with Cliff's Welding on Main St. east of Mesa. He does a lot of mechanical work on RV's. I don't know if that is one of his specialties, but anyone I've talked to have all been very satisfied with his work.

Brad Burgess

Ditto for Tom at Massey Diesel 602-233 1700.

Brad Burgess

Larry Fritz

• BAC Member
  • 98 Patriot Ticonderoga - 37' Blue/White, 3126B CAT
Thanks for the suggestions. Now I can get started picking a place.

Larry Fritz
Larry Fritz