Author Topic: TracStar Satellite in Motion system  (Read 6609 times)

Jim Herman

TracStar Satellite in Motion system
« on: August 24, 2010, 09:57:24 PM »
My TracStar in Motion Satellite system will not lock on to Direct TV satellite while parked, I don't use it while in motion, it will continue to search.  The system is approximately 4 years old.  The unit has been parked under cover for almost a year, I took it out last month and the system worked ok.  However, after shuting it down over night it would not lock on and did the the continuous search.  There were no trees or obstructions between the dish and satellite position.  I am located in central Florida.  I have gone through most of the test suggested byTracStar except the recalibration of system which calls for driving in a circle for 2 minutes.  Are there any suggestions before I attempt to do this? or is it a waste of time.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim Herman
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 04:48:53 AM by 14 »

Louis and Elise Williams

Re: TracStar Satellite in Motion system
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 02:01:18 AM »
I had the King Dome in-motion system on my 2006 Monterey, and was never pleased with it. Last January it worked fine one day and the next day I could not lock on to the Dish network I happened to be at Alliance Coach in Wildwood, FL and the service tech there said it would be a rather costly repair. I purchased the Winegard Trav'ler and have been well pleased with it.

MarcRodstein

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 05:06:09 AM »
Contact Tracstar at 407-650-9054. You are lucky, they are in Orlando. You can take it to them for repair.

Jim Herman

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 01:52:49 AM »
I contacted TracStar and they sent me a kit to install updated software.  This didn't help.  The tech then suggested replacing the LNB.  They sent me a new one and it worked.  TracStar now works better than ever.

Tim Bentley Co-Admin

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 06:10:39 PM »
If you can wait for FMCA in Perry GA you might get Trackstar to work on your system for free.  At the last Perry FMCA they replaced our entire system.  When we went to pay we were told that they do not change for replacement equipment and labor at FMCa rallies.

What a deal!