Author Topic: Draining Fresh Water Tank  (Read 10540 times)

Bob Bulot

Re: Draining Fresh Water Tank
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2017, 02:58:25 PM »
Thanks to all.  I think you're sending me in the right direction.  Inside the storage bay just forward of the Aqua Hot bay is a sliding access door which gives access to the front of the AH, the water pump, to an Asco Solenoid and a bunch of PVC.  At the base of all this plumbing is the only drain anywhere near the water tank, about in the center of the coach.

The last feature in the line before this drain is a T valve, that, as I mentioned, currently does nothing when opened until the water pump is turned on. If the tank drains through this T-valve, it means that it has to be opened before the "Fresh Water" switch will do anything.  This makes no sense.  I now know a lot more about this.  The problem is that I don't understand all I know. :o

Trying to get over to the stored coach today to check out the things you have suggested, but the Honey-Do list keeps getting in the way.  More to follow.

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2017, 04:51:51 AM »
Bob,
Unless you purchased the coach new its anybody's guess as to what was done to the plumbing. Maybe some shadetree plumbing with your coach. On my 06PT some hack had installed a Watts pressure reg and made a mess of it.
I would think the drain would come straight out of the tank under the coach. On mine if you look under the belly there is a small square box that houses the dump valve.

Bob Bulot

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2017, 01:31:35 PM »
On mine if you look under the belly there is a small square box that houses the dump valve.

Good clue Lee.  I also think you make a good point.  That T valve doesn't show in the schematic in the manual.  It would also be a quick fix if something is wrong with the electric dump system. As soon as I finish Item 46.2 (d) on today's Honey Do list, I'm going to check that out.

For some reason I assumed that the Jasso valve visible in the bay was for the tank fill.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 04:02:52 PM by Bob Bulot »