General Boards > Technical Support

Resetting a Aquahot Thermostat

(1/4) > >>

Tim Bentley Co-Admin:
> If you have an Aquahot with  three zones, and the heat is lost in one of the zones you might try this

To reset the 4-button thermostat.
1-Turn the ON/OFF to ON.  The display light with data should come on. If the light and data are not there, see section B2 Cable Assembly in your manual.

2-Depress Mode to activate display light.

3-Depress the bottom two buttons (up & down) together.

4-While still holding the two buttons, add the third from the bottom (mode), hold all three for a few seconds.

5- Release the third (mode) button.

6-Release the bottom two (up & down) together.

7-Depress the mode button.  The displaylight should be off.. If not, repeat steps 2 thru 6 .  The control should return to the default mode.

8- Now see if it will cycle thru & display Furnace.

You may need to reset two or three times to get all three heat stations working.

If it is the 5 button Duo-Therm Comfort control the procedure is to
hold the top (mode) and bottom (zone) buttons and turn it off and
back on. You should see FF in the display. Release the buttons and
it has been reset.

Dominic . Sue Ambrosino:
We're living in our 2005 Beaver Patriot thunder  in an unheated shop. We are in the midst of building and installing the radiant heat (hopefully within 2 weeks). We've been maintaining a comfortable temp inside the coach, despite temps in the shop being in the 20's. Tonight our back thermostat turned off. The only lights we have are the zone lights. I tried to reset it, based on what i've read here. holding MODE and ZONE and turning it on and off turns on the furnace for only a few seconds. after that, it turns off and lights also turn off and all i see are the zones, again.
Zone 1 is working fine.
i check circuit breakers, disconnected the phone type connection in the back of the thermostat (and reconnected)....can't think of anything else i can do.
ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated.
thanks so much

Dominic . Sue Ambrosino:
thanks for this info. i have a 5 button thermostat. i did the reset and got the FF code followed by an EE code...any thoughts?????

Fred Brooks:
  If you get the EE code, it is telling you there is an error somewhere in the system. The t-stat gets its information from the front air conditioner via the 4-wire thermostat phone cable that is daisy chained between the rear air conditioner and the front air conditioner. Is your aqua hot or hydro hot system working properly? Are you plugged into shore power? Is your 12volt system above 12.8 volts? Fred

Bill Lampkin:
Was it colder than it has been when you noticed this? I assume you are using the A/C heat pump-our heat pump only works down to 45F or so, then it won't come on. As for resetting the t-stats, I think you start from t-stat off, then press the two buttons, then power up the t-stat while holding the buttons down.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version