Author Topic: Bay Thermostat for Aqua-Hot  (Read 14498 times)

LarryNCarolynShirk

Re: Bay Thermostat for Aqua-Hot
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 02:40:24 AM »
I went on the xantrex website and found the installation manual for the Pro-Sine 2500 in the archived files.  It appears I may be able to reduce the charge rate to 55 amps by changing DIP switches on the back of the control panel.  When I get time from my busy schedule, I will take off the panel and see if it looks like the manual.  I will let you know what I find.

Larry

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 01:14:00 AM »
I took off the control panel, and found there were no DIP switches on it.  Back to the manual.  After rereading, I discovered the DIP switches are on the side of the Charger/Inverter.  To access that, I need to dump 2 bays of accumulated junk and crawl in.  I do not want to do this in the rain.  Rain is forecast every day for the next week of our travels, so this will wait for a sunny day, or at least not raining.

Larry

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2010, 03:37:56 AM »
Finally a sunny day!  I emptied the bays and crawled in.  The DIP switches are located on the left side of the inverter covered with a plate & 2 screws and a lot of big wires in the way.  With a flashlight, mirror and a dental pick, I changed some of the settings and now the maximum charge rate is 50 Amps.   It may take longer to charge, but if there are no high temp shutdowns, the time may be about the same.  It will get a test next time we travel and use the inverter without hookups.

Thanks to all who helped with this issue.  The support we get on this Forum is priceless.  Keep pitching in.

Larry

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2010, 05:58:34 AM »
Even with 50 amps charge rate, I got the over temperature warning and fault.  While in Bend at Richard Boatman's facility, I presented the problem.  I think his technician quickly located the source of the problem.  Beaver mounted an air filter behind the ProSine to filter the air going to the fans that cool the unit.  When he removed the filter, he could hear a change in the fan noise.  The filter was dirty from 9 years doing its job.  He replaced the filter and we have not yet been bothered by the fault alarm.  He said the filter is not a ProSine part, but added by Beaver on the assembly line.  Without the filter, they needed to remove the ProSine periodically and blow the dirt out the circuit boards and fan housing. So if you have this fault problem, look for the hidden filter or clean the unit.

Larry

George H. Wall

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2010, 04:19:41 PM »
Larry, THANKS for the info, I will try that!! Do you have to remove the Prosine from it's mounting, and how large is the filter???  GH Wall

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2010, 03:34:49 AM »
No George.  You do not have to remove the inverter/charger to remove the filter.  It was held in place by a black wire tie around the middle of the inverter/charger.  The filter size is about 7 inches by 10 inches by 1 inch thick.  I hope this solves your problem.

Larry