Author Topic: Hydraulic pump  (Read 7605 times)

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Hydraulic pump
« on: February 04, 2017, 04:18:15 AM »
The hydraulic pump for the slide was replaced last year but we are having difficulty getting the full wall slide to function right.
 Anyone know where the pump is and if it does just the main slides or the jacks as well?

Thanks
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Gerald Farris

Re: Hydraulic pump
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 02:42:23 PM »
Keith,
On your model coach, I believe that you have HWH slides and Power Gear leveling jacks, so Monaco installed a different hydraulic pump for each system. The pump should be located under the front of your coach, and you can have your wife run the slide while you listen to the pump to determine its location.

Gerald 
The following users thanked this post: Keith Moffett

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 08:18:04 PM »
On my 06 PT the pump is behind the front step, if you run the gen out it is pretty easy to get at. What is the slide doing?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 08:20:55 PM by Lee Welbanks »
The following users thanked this post: Keith Moffett

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 12:56:31 AM »
Thanks Gerald and Lee
Ours is the Winchester floorplan and as such has the full wall slide on the driver side.  This is the only one giving trouble.  It seems to try going out and more in the rear than the front edge of the slide.  My DW explains that she had to start and stop (bump)  several times while pushing on the front end to get it to slide out.  Carol also says the lights inside the coach were dimming quite badly while the slide was going out.
I must say here that the coach is sitting slightly slanted to the passanger side.  I suppose it could be straining the slide but it seems too slight.
This is a new to us coach and is way more elaborate than our last one so I dont know much yet.
Thanks all
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 01:48:54 AM »
Keith,

Try changing the level of the coach, raise the pass side and see if that makes a difference. When you hit the out button is the pump motor running, I believe your slides are the same as mine and the drive side room slide has the cylinders under.
Have you checked the hyd oil level in the pump tank?
Does the slide go out and return evenly, the rams have a accumulator so they both should have equal pressure in and out. That along with the guides is what allows the slide to stay even.
Listen to the pump motor when the slide goes out and in, it should have a constant even sound.
I guess the slide could be hanging up on something.

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 03:00:05 AM »
Where is the resevoir, on the pump?  Is it Dextron fluid?  The 02 had a bogus fill point and I used a stick to check the level.  What should this look like when full? 
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 04:16:11 AM »
The pump res is a square tank attached to the pump/manifold assy. The screw on cap has a dip stick attached, if I remember correctly you have to have all the slides in to correctly measure the level. I'm not sure what oil you would have.

Tom Dixson

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 09:23:06 PM »
Lee;  Stumbled onto this post and interested in your comment on easy access to your slide pump.  I have a 2006 Patriot Thunder Lexington IV 40ft.  I tried extending the generator, however frame work makes it almost impossible to get at the pump and res.

My current problem is that slides won't work and all I get is a clicking noise coming from the pump solenoid.  Consequently, can't move generator out to even try to access.

Had similar problem 3 times over last 6 mos, however always corrected itself after several hours.  I believed I have it isolated down to a power or pump problem.  Have good power to pump supply cable in the main box in rear of coach at the big boy.  Can't access the pump to check power etc under the step.

Considering cutting an access door in the top of the 2nd step for easy access.  As anyone had experience in cutting the door.

I have observed this factory installed door in later Monaco models.

Thanks; Tom

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 03:51:47 AM »
Lee;  Stumbled onto this post and interested in your comment on easy access to your slide pump.  I have a 2006 Patriot Thunder Lexington IV 40ft.  I tried extending the generator, however frame work makes it almost impossible to get at the pump and res.

My current problem is that slides won't work and all I get is a clicking noise coming from the pump solenoid.  Consequently, can't move generator out to even try to access.

Had similar problem 3 times over last 6 mos, however always corrected itself after several hours.  I believed I have it isolated down to a power or pump problem.  Have good power to pump supply cable in the main box in rear of coach at the big boy.  Can't access the pump to check power etc under the step.

Considering cutting an access door in the top of the 2nd step for easy access.  As anyone had experience in cutting the door.

I have observed this factory installed door in later Monaco models.

Thanks; Tom
Tom,

I have the same model coach and with the gen all the way out I can get at the pump motor and solenoid valves pretty easy. They must have changed the layout, my coach was built Nov 05, yours is probably later.
If all you get is clicking it is a indication of low voltage or a bad solenoid, mine started the same crap and found the main cable loose. I removed all the cables and cleaned the ends up and put them back good and tight. No problem now.

Tom Dixson

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 05:20:55 PM »
Lee;  Thanks for the reply.  We have a different floor plan, but ironically my coach shows a Nov 05 build date on the build sheet.  They tell me my coach was started in Bend and then finished when they moved to Coburg.

Have you ever heard of anyone installing an access door in the step.  I think it would be very valuable for service, access, etc; but reluctant to cut into my step as it is corian covering sheet metal.  I have observed the factory installed door on later models.  Interested in hearing about anyone's experience who installed door after market.

I agree with your assessment of the voltage/solenoid solution, now trying to get at it to make necessary repairs.

Thanks; Tom

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2017, 03:12:51 AM »
Lee;  Thanks for the reply.  We have a different floor plan, but ironically my coach shows a Nov 05 build date on the build sheet.  They tell me my coach was started in Bend and then finished when they moved to Coburg.

Have you ever heard of anyone installing an access door in the step.  I think it would be very valuable for service, access, etc; but reluctant to cut into my step as it is corian covering sheet metal.  I have observed the factory installed door on later models.  Interested in hearing about anyone's experience who installed door after market.

I agree with your assessment of the voltage/solenoid solution, now trying to get at it to make necessary repairs.

Thanks; Tom

Tom, I have never heard of installing a door in the step, could be done, I would not do it to mine as I can get at the pump and manifold, not real easy but can be done. I guess it helps to have long skinny arms working on these coaches. In my younger days worked at Douglas Aircraft, talk about tight places airplanes invented the name.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 03:15:03 AM by Lee Welbanks »